Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I've taught in schools with no heat or A/C and the windows are never closed because it's considered unhealthy, which is hilarious on a 700 AQI day. The equipment is always broken. The computers are full of viruses. The conditions in the schools overall are not very good. Students "study" all the time while they and their teachers play phone games silently in the classroom. The SATs can't be taken in China because of all the cheating. Oh, man, I could go on forever; this is all just off the top of my head.

I mean, go ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Warbird posted:

Ask me about Forrest Gumping your way into somehow marrying WAY above your league despite not sharing a language or hemisphere with your wife's side of the family.

China goon by marriage counts, right?

I mean, I think we gotta see pics before we decide....

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

We don't pay any rent or maintenance, unless my landlord needs to call a plumber

Chinese homeowners insurance doesn't cover acts of god or giant American dooks, no doubt

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Ugh. Ten more weeks.

what sort of fire bomb mic drop poo poo do you have planned?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Lower standards to enter tertiary ESL programs, I think.

Basically a community college course on IELTS prep.

I still think you should tell rhianna to study antropology or at least take a class in it...ex students still email me or kakao me about being in my class like 10 years ago, you'd be surprised what they remember as important....

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Grand Fromage posted:

Those ones are sort of okay. I still wouldn't trust a degree from them but it's a lot more likely to be legit than anywhere else. China does the same thing as Korea in having three acceptable universities and everything else is considered poo poo. I have read those three universities have actual classes and stuff. :eyepop:

I worked at one of those three (in korea) and can assure you that tho they have actual classes it's basically just a shiny facade

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Viola the Mad posted:

If so many Chinese consider Western schooling to be inferior to Chinese schooling, why are Western universities considered prestigious?

because EVERYONE has heard of Harvard, or Yale, and the other Western schools must also be great by association. No one has heard of Tianmin Normal School

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Grand Fromage posted:

They usually aren't bilingual. You'll just get some guy on the bus autistically muttering "hambaga... Obama..." to himself. It's very weird. Happened a lot more in Korea, here most people don't even speak any Mandarin let alone English.

I think this is just part of the audible subroutine of talking to themselves that a lot of koreans do flipping into english for a second bc you said some word that reminded them of a toeic class last year

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I just found out that "Nancy"- who literally cried on my shoulder for two whole days, who gave me a leaving present, who I stuck up for and shouted at my boss over trying to fire- is the one who threw me under the bus regarding sick days.

Nine more days until I'm out of here.

do tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I understand that, but it doesn't lessen the sting any.

I'm just going to paraphrase Mean Girls and say that my stomach feels like it's gonna fall out my butt.

what was the present?
are you going to confront her?

• Locked thread