Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Do you all have any context into how good or bad the undergrad programs at top tier universities in China are, ie Tsinghua, Peking, or Fudan? All of the Chinese immigrants who do end up working in the US always originally went there.

PS: I would not underestimate the Taiwanese elite in management ability, education, and being able to actually do business. The ones who deal with China can sometimes be shitheads but as a whole Taiwan is not as bad as Mainland China in education and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Common thing for people who are bilingual. I do this in Chinese with my parents/family. The language is interchangeable and it's just a accidental reaction to people around you (ie trying to fit in). It's probably subconscious.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Even Taiwanese public schools, up to and including NTU are better than their mainland counterparts.

Unfortunately, Taiwan has three problems going for it:

(1) rote memorization
(2) island country = a bit lazier
(3) it continues to be influenced by mainland China

In any case, many educated Taiwanese very much understand the role of American education and issues with the Asian system of learning, compared to mainland China.

• Locked thread