Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Tell us about the student coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

As someone from the PYF poo poo Kids Say thread, I can confirm that Rhianna is famous. 4/5ths of Fleta's stories involve her, and she's unironically my favorite teenager in the world for it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dude, just go to that thread and find one of her posts and click the lil question mark below her name.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Warbird posted:

December before last. They had what was basically a mini fridge, but no freezer. Momma burd-in-law bought new food daily, so I guess they didn't need one? I made due with refrigerated water bottles.

Reminded of the stories my best friend and her German born father tell about over in the Fatherland, where people just don't normally do ice cubes, and water is normally served room temperature. How people react weird if you ask for ice in your drink.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

So, all these stories about kids that just come in and trash the place and don't pay attention to the teachers or anything, and how they have pretty much zero parental presence or supervision at home...I have to wonder, why do they even show up to school in the first place? Are there like, serious truancy laws there? Are the kids just too dumb to realize they could get away with not coming to school? I mean, I realize that in a good number of cases it's a boarding school and they're kinda locked in mostly, but I'm hearing stories from ones where the kids don't live on campus too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I hope so, and yes! I occasionally hear from last year's graduates over facebook or WeChat, and they physically came in to say hello when they were all back during their Christmas vacations, so hopefully a few will turn up again soon, too. I don't message students or former students unless there's something I know will interest/help them, but will happily chat with them if they make the first move.

e: I'm still in touch with kids I taught in Korea and Japan, so hopefully these guys will be the same.

I'm sure I'm far from alone in saying that I hope Rhianna is someone who stays in touch with you. With the right guidance, that girl will really go places.

• Locked thread