Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Tell us about the student coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The student coup story is really long and I'm typing it in dribs and drabs, but expect it in a few hours.

:dance:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

EDIT: Whoops. Nvm

But, yes. There does seem to be a lot shitheads showing up.

I got my student uprising story, so I'm content.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 11, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Great Autismo! posted:

I have all kinds of stories of crushes but none of them are that interesting. I did receive a text from a student asking if I would sleep with her and another student tried to kiss me after I helped her prepare for an interview. She also invited me to a private KTV which I declined.

What is a KTV?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

eschaton posted:

My guess is that there aren't significant contingencies in place for that sort of thing.

Outside the United States, people are somewhat more capable of rationally evaluating the likelihood of that sort of thing happening, and aren't quite so caught up in wringing their hands and making elaborate just-in-case preparations so they can be seen to Do Something About It.

Yeah, you're probably ri...

Grand Fromage posted:

The knife attacks caused massive nationwide freakouts. At our school there are fences and gates and dozens of guards manning the perimeter (napping) at all times. The guards are dressed like fake military and wear armor, with a few literally dressed up like SEALs or something and full armor. The guards have riot shields and these big fork things that I guess you're supposed to be able to contain someone with, not sure how they work. China does freakout security theater nonsense way worse than the US.

The school has gone on lockdown a couple of times but not for knives. The last one was after two middle schoolers had a fight. One kid beat the other one, and the dad of the kid who lost the fight got local mafia goons to show up and wait in vans with sledgehammers outside every gate to beat the unholy gently caress out of the fight winner kid if he showed his face.

LOL

• Locked thread