Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Can you use chopsticks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

What's up tga my man

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Warbird posted:

I'm more surprised that you have a freezer to store used toliet paper in than I am about the request to do so. I would have murdered someone to get some ice the last time I was out that way.

Was the last time you were here in the early 80s or something?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Grand Fromage posted:

Having American bosses means they understand things like sick days

lol

Grand Fromage posted:

and a desire to have more than five days vacation per year

double lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wasps can kill the cockroaches though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

That director with nothing to do sounds like Sarnsung

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Grand Fromage posted:

Chinese security stuff is so bad that the last time I was through the US I actually thought about how nice, professional, and efficient the TSA is in comparison. That's a wider thing but seeing the guards in body armor and their little plastic helmets and riot shields on Fridays when the kids are leaving school always makes me laugh.

This, but the opposite.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'd rather deal with a million lazy security guards who aren't being paid enough to care than deal with the TSA, which is lucky because that's exactly what I get by living in China.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Grand Fromage posted:

I expect a lot of the nouveau riche here are going to lose their money. There is no old money in China because of the revolution, so every fortune began with the privatization of property in the late 90s. People got lucky and managed to get control of their work unit housing, then when the market happened suddenly they had a bunch of property worth a bunch of money and hey, I'm rich now. In China, owning property is still considered the only real investment/form of wealth by most people. There have since been web entrepreneurs and stuff but the money all started with real estate. China has a gigantic real estate bubble which will trash an obscene amount of wealth when it goes.

My observation of the wealthy here is they spend like the money is poison and they need to get rid of all of it. I don't want to get too off topic but I don't see a lot of hope for the little emperor generation.

I don't see hope for you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Great Autismo! posted:

The next generation will be alright. It's their kids that are properly hosed

What about your kids?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Seems like if you wanted to figure out which country's airlines are more dangerous you should be looking up statistics instead of reading a book by a pilot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Like I just spent about 15 minutes looking up stuff on Google and it looks like Chinese airlines have been safer than Korean ones in the past 20 years, but both seem pretty freakin safe compared to literally anything else you use to get around

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

And actually American Airlines seems particularly bad. Did you know one of their flights crashed and killed 1700 people in one go?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

So read the book I don't care. I'm just saying making decisions like that makes more sense when they're based on stats instead of entertainment

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

how many people in this thread do you think make decisions of what airlines to fly based on the booming industry of "chinese commercial airline review and entertainment"

Well, you're the one that said it so I'm talking to you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Well, it doesn't help that they're literally fed slop at school and spend the rest of the day eating either potato chips or instant noodles. Those are seriously the only foods I see kids eating during they day. Instant ramen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Most of the foods I see offered to the kids- whether it's at a store, or the campus bakery, or the actual cafeteria- are sugary and/or starches. If the kids are lucky enough to get food delivered, it's always a totally meat-filled hotpot kind of deal, or more noodles/dumplings.

I have suggested having a fruit bowl for kids to pick from because that's at least better than instant noodles, but the idea was rejected as "too expensive." Meanwhile, my boss put an eight-foot mounted canvas of the Statue of Liberty in the hallway. Good use of resources, there.

e: This article is about South Korea, but I'd be surprised if a similar thing isn't happening or doesn't happen here.

Capex vs opex, my dude.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yeah, Korea is well noted for being bad.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i was just saying there's a book here you can read that is supposed to be pretty crazy about pilots in china, after a guy mentioned pilot training with chinese students. i wasn't saying "please use this book as gospel for making decisions about traveling in china"

No you're saying you used that book as input for your own decisions about traveling in china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ThomasPaine posted:

It was the flying upside down one. The whole book is a list of probably reasonable observations coloured by this weird arrogant racist streak it's very strange to read.

Don't sign tga's posts

• Locked thread