Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
The reviews are more enjoyable than the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Current Releases was ahead of its time- the reviewers wrote terrible movie reviews as a vehicle to bitch about politics of the day a couple of years before AV Club, Salon, and the rest of the internet caught on. One review contained the sentence, "The female planes are apparently designed by someone who has no idea what a female plane would look like."

So no, OP, I think Current Releases should stay dead, because it was stupid and boring.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

While I don't think it was the intent that was in fact pretty funny.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

While I don't think it was the intent that was in fact pretty funny.
It's unintentionally funny for sure, but Prof. Clumsy was dead-on serious about it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I bet. It was fascinating either which way and they both introduced me to movies I wouldn't normally watch, and give me some unique, if odd, perspectives. I would absolutely read it again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I bet. It was fascinating either which way and they both introduced me to movies I wouldn't normally watch, and give me some unique, if odd, perspectives. I would absolutely read it again.

This was my experience with Current Releases. Several of them founded Front Row Central which tries to do better reviews but there's plenty of political commentary there too if you're into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Midjack posted:

This was my experience with Current Releases. Several of them founded Front Row Central which tries to do better reviews but there's plenty of political commentary there too if you're into that.

Oh cool! I'll definitely be looking into that.

• Locked thread