Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I used to be a mercenary, then a took a scissors to the neck...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I used to be a mercenary, then I took a round to the knee. At which point I continued to be a mercenary and shot that motherfucker square in the face.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
This just drives the point (of the scissors) of this LP being pregnant with potential home.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I got a pretty busy job but my hours are changing this week and I'll try to update every weekend. I still have everything so its not dead, I just need to find time to post it

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Phi230 posted:

I got a pretty busy job but my hours are changing this week and I'll try to update every weekend. I still have everything so its not dead, I just need to find time to post it

Thanks for taking the effort to keep this alive!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's weekend on this side of the pond already, waiting for that update.

macdjord
Oct 26, 2013
♪Waaaaaiting... I am still waaaaaiting... I have just nooooooothing... else to dooooooo...♪

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

:scissors::arterial blood:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

man is TT high as balls in that shot or what

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KEPT YA WAITING, HUH? PHOENIX COMMAND: SEASON 2

Stay tuned

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm legit pumped for this

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I knew there was a reason I didn't unbookmark this

The reason was scissors

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:toot:

Quick, somebody do a recap so we're all up to speed

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ikasuhito posted:

:toot:

Quick, somebody do a recap so we're all up to speed

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Can't wait until I kill someone/get killed with a rusty pair of garden shears.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Aww yeah

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hey, let us not forget that we might go on a mission one day!

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

I've improved the gun creator: Link.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Whoever called this a trial of position made me crack up hard on an earlier page. I'm looking forward to this continuing, and hope that we run this terrible outfit like a Clan. :allears:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hopefully we dont run into any chairs, I'll be proper hosed then.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

... (tapping fingers)

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

... (tapping fingers)

Hold yer horses the weekend literally just started

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Hold yer horses the weekend literally just started

You've got to admit we've been waiting for quite some time.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Thunderdome Round 2: Fight 2 - Potato v. Spanky

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen to The Thunderdome. Last we left off, a poor man was stabbed in the neck with scissors, setting new bar of brutality and entertainment! The ride only gets more wild from here folks!

Today we have our first seeded warrior Spanky versus the scrappy eighth seeded Potato. While Spanky may be first seed, this is only his first fight. Potato has already blooded himself in the arena against The Dwayne. Spanky has the talent, Potato has the experience. Who will win? Find out today!

THE WARRIORS AND THEIR WEAPONS

FIGHT!

Here we have our fighters in the bloodied and tried arena of the THUNDERDOME.

Potato advances 2 hexed forward, a cautious yet confident gait about him; while Spanky does the same.

Potato strikes, using the advantage of his long chain! Spanky, taken by surprise, parries while advancing!

code:

Potato makes Short Strike against Spanky! Spanky Parries!

Attack Level 5. Defensive Level 3. Parry column 9.

27% Chance to Hit, Rolled 7! HIT!

Potato HITS Spanky in the UPPER CHEST for 11 IMPACT. 

Spanky sustains 76 DAMAGE. Spanky rolls for knockout! 98% Chance of knockout, rolled 78. Spanky FAILS knockout roll. Spanky incapacitated for 1 minute, 34 seconds. 

Spanky: 95% chance of recovery after 25 days. Rolled 6. Will recover. 

Potato strikes deftly with his chain like a whip, and in a flash, a crack of thunder, its over! Potato's chain finds its mark square in Spanky's chest, sending Spanky tumbling! Spanky is out for the count and the fight is over!

Potato is victorious in mere seconds! What an upset folks!

BRACKETOLOGY

Potato advances to Round 3, where he will face Count von Count.

Next fight, Popete v. Snake Doctor

The unbelievable test of strength and speed yet continues! Who will be our leader? Who will prove their superiority by being the last man standing?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Always bet on potato when it comes to flailing wildly with random weaponry.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I am waiting for a fight that will last forever, with the combatants getting progressively more maimed, but failing to pass out.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Potato HITS Spanky in the UPPER CHEST for 11 IMPACT.

Spanky sustains 76 DAMAGE.

First, you've been looking at the wrong line; 11 Impact (Cutting) is 76 when it's to the Shoulder, not the Upper Chest. When it's to the Upper Chest, it's 400.

Luckily, whips only do Shallow damage. Whips have a PD multiplier of 1d6, and an ID of the wielder's Damage Bonus. So with your DB of about 2.25, it's 3 base damage multiplied by the roll of 5: 15 damage, not 76 or 400. And that's no over Spanky's KV of 15, so it's a mere 10% chance of knockout, and Spanky should have been standing and capable of retaliating. :goonsay:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Match rigged.

Edit: In order to avoid further corruption I suggest making the characters into dwarves and duelling it out in DF arena. There'll be none of this pussy knockout poo poo, at the end shall stand the champion, truly commander of himself, for the scum who bleed beneath his feet could not be worthy of the leadership of one blooded in the sight of Armok.

Pharnakes fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 23, 2017

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LatwPIAT posted:

First, you've been looking at the wrong line; 11 Impact (Cutting) is 76 when it's to the Shoulder, not the Upper Chest. When it's to the Upper Chest, it's 400.

Luckily, whips only do Shallow damage. Whips have a PD multiplier of 1d6, and an ID of the wielder's Damage Bonus. So with your DB of about 2.25, it's 3 base damage multiplied by the roll of 5: 15 damage, not 76 or 400. And that's no over Spanky's KV of 15, so it's a mere 10% chance of knockout, and Spanky should have been standing and capable of retaliating. :goonsay:

I was using a chain, not a whip, unless chain uses whip rules.

And I was just using the blunt damage table as provided in the hand-to-hand supplement because I am unsure of how the hand-to-hand rules interact with the advanced tables.

I rounded up most numbers.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Phi230 posted:

I was using a chain, not a whip, unless chain uses whip rules.

Oh.

I am stupid. Never mind!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LatwPIAT posted:

Oh.

I am stupid. Never mind!

It would make sense for chain to use whip rules though

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Why does a crazy 'hyper realistic' tactical military game have whip rules

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Night10194 posted:

Buddy it's got rules for a T-Rex and for medieval weapons

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Phi230 posted:

Buddy it's got rules for a T-Rex and for medieval weapons

if those don't get used at some point everything we will all be the poorer

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Night10194 posted:

Indiana Jones fought Nazis with a whip. :colbert:

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The hand-to-hand combat rules are based on the crazy hyper realistic medieval melee combat game that started the whole affair, Sword's Path: Glory, and the Phoenix Command games were to a large degree intended as slot-in supplements for other games. Like Call of Cthulhu but wish it more correctly modelled the effects of .38 Special to the spleen at 40 yards? Use Phoenix Command Small Arms Combat System! So in addition to a bunch of pre-modern melee weapons that look like they're ripped from some early edition of AD&D, there's also a small selection of modern weapons including bottles, chairs, various knives, scissors, an icepick, a screwdriver, a whip, and two types of chainsaw, just in case your game of Mercenaries, Spies, & Private Eyes has an Indiana Jones ripoff in it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

LatwPIAT posted:

The hand-to-hand combat rules are based on the crazy hyper realistic medieval melee combat game that started the whole affair, Sword's Path: Glory, and the Phoenix Command games were to a large degree intended as slot-in supplements for other games. Like Call of Cthulhu but wish it more correctly modelled the effects of .38 Special to the spleen at 40 yards? Use Phoenix Command Small Arms Combat System! So in addition to a bunch of pre-modern melee weapons that look like they're ripped from some early edition of AD&D, there's also a small selection of modern weapons including bottles, chairs, various knives, scissors, an icepick, a screwdriver, a whip, and two types of chainsaw, just in case your game of Mercenaries, Spies, & Private Eyes has an Indiana Jones ripoff in it.

God I miss this era of RPGs sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I played rolemaster for like 20 years, that worked brilliantly as slot in rules to beef up other systems. I still think the combat and skills part has yet to be bettered. character making is kind of insane though.

• Locked thread