Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Season 3 Official Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azjw0hTkOIs

SEASON THREE PREMIERS WEDNESDAY APRIL 19 ON FX @ 10PM ET
Wikipedia | IMDB | Twitter | Facebook
Season 1 & 2 available on Hulu | Past TVIV Threads: S1 | S2

Fargo season 3 is a 10 episode original TV adaptation of the 1996 Oscar-winning movie Fargo (Joel & Ethan Coen) and a loose sequel to the first season by FX written by Noah Hawley (Bones, Legion) and produced by the Coen Brothers. It is a period dark comedy/drama set in Minnesota and South Dakota with a new cast and story.

synopsis posted:

Set in 2010 Eden Valley and St. Cloud, Minnesota, the third season centers on “Emmit” and his slightly younger brother “Ray Stussy”. Emmit, the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, sees himself as an American success story, whereas Ray is more of a cautionary tale. Forever living in his more successful brother’s shadow, Ray is a balding and pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt – and he blames his brother. Their sibling rivalry follows a twisted path that begins with petty theft but soon leads to murder, mobsters and cut-throat competitive bridge.

Should I watch season 1 & 2 first?
Yes, at least Season 1. Although each season is a self contained anthology, it is best to catch up beforehand.

Season 1 was critically acclaimed and was very, very good. Fargo was nominated for 18 Emmys.
Season 2 is sort of a prequel, set in the '70s and somewhat connected to the first season with an all new cast and story.
Season 3 will have connections to season 1 and in some ways is a semi-sequel.

Cast

Emmit Stussy (Ewan McGregor) The 'Parking Lot King' of Minnesota, sees himself as an American success story.

Sy Feltz (Michael Stuhlbarg) Emmit's consigliere, right hand man and lawyer.

Gloria Burgle (Carrie Coon) Sheriff of Eden Valley Police Department and a newly divoced mother.

Ray Stussy (Ewan McGregor) A parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder. Emmits younger brother.

Nikki Swango (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) Ray's girlfiend, a recent parolee.

V.M. Vargas (David Thewlis) A mysterious loner and a true capitalist.

Moe Dammick (Shea Whigham) Chief of Meeker County Police Department.

[Insert image here]
Donny Marshman (Jim Gaffigan) A deputy at the Eden Valley Police Department.

Trailers
Trailer #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWYIOp7SIUU
Trailer #2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azjw0hTkOIs

Promos
Fargo Installment 3: First Look - http://eachvideo.com/watch?v=J2Tvl8lEduc
Police Line-Up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb7DDbC9oKU
Exhausted - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HBtD5zvYBA
Okay, well then - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVielc4G_8
Missed Call - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RldWhloi8s
The Law - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N31xnkWCO8

Episodes
Fargo season 3 premieres on Wednesday, April 19 at 10 PM PT/ET on FX
1 - The Law of Vacant Places April 19
2 - The Principle of Restricted Choice April 26
3 - The Law of Non-Contradiction May 3
4 - The Narrow Escape Problem May 10
5 - The House of Special Purpose May 17
6 - The Lord of No Mercy May 24
7 - The Law of Inevitability May 31
8 - Who Rules the Land of Denial? June 7
9 - TBA
10 - TBA

(Thread title)

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Can't wait for another season of Fargo. The first and second season were great, and I'm very curious what they've come up with this time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had no idea David Thewlis was gonna be in this. His performance in Naked is still one of my favorite things ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I shouldn't be surprised but man this is a good cast, and I'm always happy to see Shea Whigham in anything.

I recently rewatched season 1 and 2, I think that maybe 2 just barely edges out 1 in terms of being my favorite, but they're both so good (and different!) that it feels foolish to try and rank them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Here's as much as the show is willing to let people know ahead of time:
http://www.avclub.com/article/brothers-bridge-background-girl-what-we-can-actual-253563

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jerusalem posted:

I shouldn't be surprised but man this is a good cast, and I'm always happy to see Shea Whigham in anything.

Same. loving loved him in Agent Carter S1 and then the 45 seconds he was alive in the Justified episode he was in.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
god I love that poster. hope I can buy a large one somewhere to go with my print of the s2 quilt poster.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I binged this show over the past couple weeks after everyone raved about season 2. It's amazing. It just does everything so well.

But did I read that right? Ewan MacGregor has a dual role? That's loving awesome.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Anybody know if they'll put the premiere online for free like some channels do?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I get that it's a nod to the movie but hate that stupid fuckin' "THIS IS A TRUE STORY..." set of cards in the intro because it's complete bullshit, but I can't wait for this show.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Ermantraut? Better Call Saul crossover?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ray looks like my mind's eye's portrayal of an older, cleaned up after rehab Pickles from Dethklok.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh my god, its happening right now!!!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nice Big Lebowski reference there.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Loved the Raising Arizona style scene with Nikki.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Her big tournament is a Bridge tournament. :tviv:

E- "Geahd drat been-go!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hey its that English sounding gibberish song.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

This will not end well.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What the hell is this music?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

What the hell is this music?

Throat singing!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That resolved itself.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
That was awesome.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
good intro episode. Sad the stoner had to go. What's up with the books in the floorboard?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Do you guys think we'll see the Germans again or was that this show's equivalent of the opening to A Serious Man?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

whalesteak posted:

Moseyed into this thread to see if anyone thought the same thing. It's such a weird surname.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
According to Hawley by way of Sepinwall, the name here is actually "Ermentraub". No relation.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Nothing makes sense on this show until at least episode 4.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

whalesteak posted:

possibly a cute nod at best

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do you guys think we'll see the Germans again or was that this show's equivalent of the opening to A Serious Man?

stussy is a swiss/german name

cowtown
Jul 4, 2007

the cow's a friend to me

whalesteak posted:

I thought they said Ermentraub, with a b at the end.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I didn't get a good look at the books. What was going on there?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Accretionist posted:

I didn't get a good look at the books. What was going on there?

Looks like some old sci-fi novels, the model he carved was based on one of the covers. My first thought was that the dad used to be a sci-fi writer, or was unpublished or something. Since everything else is so similar to the other two seasons there's surely gonna be some sort of weird subplot like the jewish demon/ufo stuff.

Edit: The thing she picked up to use as a weapon looked a lot like a Hugo award, so yeah, he must have been a sci-fi author.

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 20, 2017

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Nice stamp with Sisyphus pushing his rock.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
So far I'm hoping Emmit gets the worst fate.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was enjoying it but not really feeling it until it hit the back half and stuff started coming together. I love the relationship between Ray and Nikki, I kept expecting one or the other to balk at something the other did or prove to have ulterior motives and instead they just kept backing and supporting each other, culminating in that air conditioner scene.

I really hope Maurice shows up in the next episode in flashback scenes, I really want to see how he "covered" his tracks.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This was very good. More please.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
That's quite a clusterfuck for the chief to untangle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chadzok posted:

Looks like some old sci-fi novels, the model he carved was based on one of the covers. My first thought was that the dad used to be a sci-fi writer, or was unpublished or something. Since everything else is so similar to the other two seasons there's surely gonna be some sort of weird subplot like the jewish demon/ufo stuff.

Edit: The thing she picked up to use as a weapon looked a lot like a Hugo award, so yeah, he must have been a sci-fi author.

Seems likely, yeah. The author's name on the books is Thaddeus Mobley and they had announced an actor in that role back in December, but he's 25 and those books didn't look new so probably a flashback.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Guess what was playing on TV?

(Someone on reddit found this out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

How can this show be this good every time

They should give oscar's to showrunners. Or the nobel price for litterature.

• Locked thread