Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

drunkill posted:

Guess what was playing on TV?

(Someone on reddit found this out)

I'm pretty sure there were no TVs filming that at the time, was this just a throwaway reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

bvlah posted:

I'm pretty sure there were no TVs filming that at the time, was this just a throwaway reference?

its canon

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I am so happy this show is back. Ewan McGregor really looks like two completely different people, if I didn't know he was playing 2 characters I would have had no idea.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How did Carrie Coon JUST start getting regular work?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Ewan as Ray looks like a cross between Buffalo Bill from Silence Of The Lambs and Tom Cruise in Born On The Fourth Of July, and it's hilarious.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Well, I haven't seen any characters from prior seasons yet.

Maybe the first two seasons existed as a TV show for this season. It's like layers upon layers.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

How can this show be this good every time

They should give oscar's to showrunners. Or the nobel price for litterature.
Perfect misspelling because that award is poop.

The literature Nobel. Also the peace one.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Also, it's one episode in and I hope Nikki and Ray(?) get out of this okay

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
The suspenseful counting of seconds seemed like it was leading to something cool, but in the end they kinda dropped the ball on that one.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Josh Lyman posted:

Perfect misspelling because that award is poop.

The literature Nobel. Also the peace one.

Because words never changed the world amirite.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How did Maurice kill Ennis exactly?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I was actually hoping they'd subvert the weird and messed up deaths of Fargo by having the air conditioner miss, and then maybe they drop something else to get him or have to deal with him some other way. I do hope they do that in one of the seasons at least. Maybe you're expecting the more "normal" people to kill the guy and not the criminal or killer, but they mess it up and the killer kills them and then that's the crux of the investigation. I dunno, something along those lines?

Anyway, had no clue this was coming up so this was a nice surprise, looking forward to the season.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Oh no, this is back already? I've been wrapped up in moving and assumed it'd be another month at least!

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if it's just me, but I laughed harder at that air conditioner scene than I have in a long time.

Think it's going to be a very good season. Incredible cast.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Rewatching season two and the butcher is being interrogated in the sheriff's office and talking about Sisyphus pushing boulders up hills.

Is that mentioned in season 1 as well? Seems to be a common theme that doesn't actually mean anything.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fargo S4 is gonna be like Westworld, with only movie actors.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Accretionist posted:

Also, it's one episode in and I hope Nikki and Ray(?) get out of this okay

"3rd place runner up :)"
"That's like... the bronze medal!"
"It's thinking like that which is gonna take us to the top!"

:3:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

"3rd place runner up :)"
"That's like... the bronze medal!"
"It's thinking like that which is gonna take us to the top!"

:3:

there was a third place certificate in one shot so somebody else screwed that up too

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure they said 3rd place at first too, when they were on the sidewalk.

Then started saying 3rd runner up instead.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Kareem posted:

Rewatching season two and the butcher is being interrogated in the sheriff's office and talking about Sisyphus pushing boulders up hills.

Patrick Wilson also hits on that theme with Kirsten Dunst at the end of season 2 where he tells her the story of the helicopter pilot that jumped out of his helicopter and survived.

"That's the boulder we push."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trying to get rich off of Bridge tournaments is midwestern as gently caress. God I love this show :allears:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I'm pretty sure they said 3rd place at first too, when they were on the sidewalk.

Then started saying 3rd runner up instead.

That certificate was framed too perfectly in that shot. Are Nikki and Ray's names on there? Since Ray shares the last name as the highest ranking local police officer in town's just murdered father, it might catch someone's eye.

And isn't 3rd place the same as 3rd runner up? They said 3rd place goes on to regionals so I guess we will know for certain if there's another tournament.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Krispy Kareem posted:

And isn't 3rd place the same as 3rd runner up? They said 3rd place goes on to regionals so I guess we will know for certain if there's another tournament.

Runner Up = 2nd Place
2nd Runner Up = 3rd Place
3rd Runner Up = 4th Place

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Krispy Kareem posted:

Is that mentioned in season 1 as well? Seems to be a common theme that doesn't actually mean anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Sisyphus

Noah Hawley loving LOVES Camus.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"The Myth of Sisyphus" was also the name of Season 2, Episode 3, just to make it more blatant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

How did Maurice kill Ennis exactly?

Not mentioned in the episode, but Gloria has a line in one of the commercials they frequently run that sounds like it must be the cause of death.

She says "they glued his nose and mouth shut"

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

anime was right posted:

stussy is a swiss/german name

Stasi was the name of the East German secret police. Wonder if there's any significance there.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Aphrodite posted:

Not mentioned in the episode, but Gloria has a line in one of the commercials they frequently run that sounds like it must be the cause of death.

She says "they glued his nose and mouth shut"

That's some hosed up poo poo for that rat burglar to do

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

It boggles the mind that shows this good exist. We truly live in the golden age of TV. I can't even imagine having shows of the caliber we have now when I was a kid. Hashtag blessed indeed.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
It's so rad to see such quality female roles in shows this good. When Gloria headed back out to the car I actually said out loud "get that shotgun you bad rear end" and then she did, completely fearless.

This season is going to be the best yet, I have a feeling.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I almost tweeted that Better Call Saul was the best thing on TV on Tuesday. Glad I'm not left looking silly now.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Ray and Nikki are actualized as gently caress.

Also that "American" weirdo was probably from Fargo right?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That cold open was loving amazing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
good to see this show continuing its streak of having a completely awesome soundtrack. running out of fingers to count the number of awesome songs this program has introduced to me.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I totally knew what to expect the moment the air conditioner came into play, but that still didn't stop me from going "god drat" when it payed off. I already love Nikki.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Trying to get rich off of Bridge tournaments is midwestern as gently caress. God I love this show :allears:

Someone I went to school with is a full time Bridge player, although I think he publishes some kind of Bridge publication as well.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Who is the other guy Ewan McGregor is playing?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

He's also Ray's brother, who vaguely looks like Philip from The Americans.

Klungar posted:

Runner Up = 2nd Place
2nd Runner Up = 3rd Place
3rd Runner Up = 4th Place

Whatever that late '90s movie was about the small town beauty queens with Kirsten Dunst and Denise Richards hit on this, too: "I got 2nd Runner Up! I finished second!" "No, hun, that's third."

I don't know why the hell I remember that, but that movie was also very Midwestern, complete with accents.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Who is the other guy Ewan McGregor is playing?

He is playing both Stussy brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Nobody tell me how Bridge works I have made it this far without learning what any of the nicknames for the combos and maneuvers mean and I gotta keep pushing that boulder

• Locked thread