Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Re:CREATORS is an anime based on a concept by Rei Hiroe (Black Lagoon), who co-writes the series with director Ei Aoki (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai), and animated by Troyca (Aldnoa:Zero, Beautiful Bones). It's basically about a bunch of anime characters becoming real and fighting each other, which is fuckin' fine by me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqOniSI5Ci0

Characters:

Sota Mizushino (Daiki Yamashita)
A high school student who finds himself drawn into this whole mess. A fan of the light novel Elemental Symphony of Vogelchevalier, he aspires to create his own light novel like it someday.

Selejia Yupitiria (Minako Komatsu)
The main character of Vogelchevalier and the anime it's based on, due to somethingoranother, she was taken from her anime into the real world. She's staying with Sota.

Meteora Estherreich (Inori Minase)
A character from an unknown work who is looking for her creator. She's very dry and stoic and she's not good at making jokes.

Military Uniform Princess (Aki Toyosaki)
A mysterious character who appeared in Vogelchevalier. She seems to know something about what's going on.

Re:CREATORS is streaming through Amazon's Anime Strike service, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

This anime is going to either be really really bad or really really good and I can't wait for episode 2.

https://twitter.com/BlackDragonHunt/status/850503948486234113

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I am tentatively on board with Last Anime Hero

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Re:CREATORS is streaming through Amazon's Anime Strike service, unfortunately.

Remember when it used to be Funimation? Man have the standards fallen.

I will still be watching this show because holy gently caress was that an incredible opener.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Meteora's bad joke at the end got a chuckle out of me

Show looks pretty alright so far, let's see if they do anything cool with the concept

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It has what sounds like exactly the same soundtrack as Aldnoah Zero.

I'm curious to see where the plot goes. Is this woman the main character in the anime he watches or is she the love interest of the main character?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She's the lead since she's the one with the cool robot. If she was the love interest, she wouldn't get anything.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The antagonist girl had an interesting reaction to the main character and her character is so amazingly chuunibyou ("my powers is omnipotence!") that I get a feeling like the MC created her in middle school or something.

lol

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm fine with a standard Sawano soundtrack because I like his stuff.

First episode was really great, can't wait to see more crazy sword lady in action.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Best moment in the episode. I love how ridiculous she is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That moment was when I knew this show was for me.

And then they clinched it by having one of the first things Selejia does in the real world be jacking some dude's car.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

She's the lead since she's the one with the cool robot. If she was the love interest, she wouldn't get anything.

Well, there are quite a few titles where some guy is the protagonist and his love interest is a super powerful princess warrior or whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The website describes her as the heroine, but when we're talking about anime, that could go either way. Though to me, she still gives off at least a co-protagonist vibe rather than love interest.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

It has what sounds like exactly the same soundtrack as Aldnoah Zero.

I'm curious to see where the plot goes. Is this woman the main character in the anime he watches or is she the love interest of the main character?

Sawano soundtracks tend to feel pretty samey. But definitely good.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I hope that robot in the ad at the beginning of the episode shows up, that thing was sweet af.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Space Flower posted:

The antagonist girl had an interesting reaction to the main character and her character is so amazingly chuunibyou ("my powers is omnipotence!") that I get a feeling like the MC created her in middle school or something.

lol

Best theories I've seen so far are either yours, or that both antagonist girl and protagonist guy are creations of the girl who committed suicide right at the beginning of the episode. (She's her chuuni self-insert, he's a blandly likable harem comedy lead. Or something.)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Droyer posted:

I hope that robot in the ad at the beginning of the episode shows up, that thing was sweet af.

That thing seemed like a demonbane parody, so I'm not sure that would be fair to everyone else

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Space Flower posted:

That thing seemed like a demonbane parody, so I'm not sure that would be fair to everyone else

Jesus, I haven't thought about Demonbane in like 8 years.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
For being a creative type, duder seems to have a hard time wrapping his head around how big a shock it would be for a character to realize that they're a character

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
He's a dork who had his anime waifu appear in his room IRL, he was on double dose of shock and fanboyism.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

You know, this sort of premise really relies upon the idea that real life looks like an anime. Because in reality if an anime character became "real" they would either look like a cosplaying regular person or would be some 2D abomination existing in a 3D world like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

You know, this sort of premise really relies upon the idea that real life looks like an anime. Because in reality if an anime character became "real" they would either look like a cosplaying regular person or would be some 2D abomination existing in a 3D world like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Yeah, it's a little confusing. Unless they tell us otherwise, I'm going to assume that everyone looks normal in the "real" world, and probably did when glasses boy went into the show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you saw someone in the most convincing cosplayer in the world and they had all the magic powers from their story, you would believe that they had been transported out of their story

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

have you considered that the protagonist, himself, is in an anime

like you gotta think of this in layers, he's in an anime universe where anime-anime plays on tv

animeception

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

have you considered that the protagonist, himself, is in an anime

like you gotta think of this in layers, he's in an anime universe where anime-anime plays on tv

animeception

What if he's the anime and they're real?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

:aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MKyOQU6EPc

So, is it legit that Black Lagoon is returning this spring, or is all that hearsay?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Thanks for the thread because i was curious about it and Strike did not make it at all obvious that it was a new show streaming there or available in any way for me to watch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

So, is it legit that Black Lagoon is returning this spring, or is all that hearsay?

https://twitter.com/SundayGX/status/845548620845740033

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

chumbler posted:

Selejia is actually a tokusatsu show, we just can't tell because it all looks anime to us

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I wasn't quite sold until she hit the windshield wipers, but that pushed it over the edge and i'm all in.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Am I missing something or does Anime Strike not have the subtitles for this?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

Am I missing something or does Anime Strike not have the subtitles for this?

I had to turn on cc to get them. Also, all of the sub options are kind of bad: white in an opaque box, white with no outline so they blend in, or yellow in a opaque box. Lovely.

Then i had to turn the subs back off when I watched The Expanse. You're not making it easy to love you, amazon.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

cute hatless expressions

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

a kitten posted:

I wasn't quite sold until she hit the windshield wipers, but that pushed it over the edge and i'm all in.
That was the second best part of the episode. It was the perfect mix of superhuman competence appropriate to a light novel protagonist and fish out of water humor.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
brute force > glass windows and doors

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i was worried that this was going to take itself too seriously

but rather, it is evidently enjoying itself

i think i'm gonna like this one

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Waffleman_ posted:

Military Uniform Princess (Aki Toyosaki)
A mysterious character who appeared in Vogelchevalier. She seems to know something about what's going on.

That's a massive cast change from her usual roles.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Largepotato posted:

That's a massive cast change from her usual roles.
Right? Funny thing is that she seems to have a decent range, but most of the roles she gets cast as require her cutesy voice (like Kazari, Yui or Bonbori).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing that was pretty unique about the first episode is that it didn't really play up the "WHAT IS THIS CRAZY WORLD" stuff and do a bunch of fish out of water shenanigans (which is what you'd normally expect from this sort of premise). The anime lady stayed pretty calm and quickly realized stuff was different and didn't flip out at every little thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Oh, I can pilot a robot, this car should be no big deal"

*It is not a big deal*

• Locked thread