Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Woah I completely missed this thread! Is it better than Red Dragon? I'll get it during the next sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I wonder if they'll do what they did with Wargame and just release separate games for different theaters of operations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

If you want to play a tactical scale WW2 game, you can still play Company of Heroes, which is more of a "conventional" (read: base-building) RTS game. If you want to play a game set in the Cold War, you don't have many options really.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

http://steamcharts.com/app/572410

Yeah, not looking good. Red Dragon has a higher population base at this point.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I wonder if they'll do another Wargame. They released content for RD after Act of Treason or whatever flopped.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

They just updated Wargame AB, RD and the reboot of Act of War so as to make them use Steam's friend list instead of their own system.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I miss Wargame. I was thinking of maybe buying the DLC but getting matches is kinda hard if you're not in a stack.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Every time I think of buying the Red Dragon DLC I remember that most of my playtime is spent inside a 4v1 lobby waiting for three other people to join while the premade on the other team troll/contribute to global chat.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I kind of want to get SD2 because I still play RD every now and then and I could use some improvements to the formula (never played SD1). They still use a lobby system, right? It's going to be dead a month after release, isn't it. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

General Battuta posted:

SD44 looked distinctly worse than Red Dragon and I felt like maybe it had some kind of odd postprocessing going on.

Didn't EE also have a weird filter? Either I got used to it with time or the later games eased back on the effect?

Pretty sure EE had a green filter perpetually on.