Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Obama's failure was not creating a new coalition. He was the last gasp of the Kennedy's but rather than create a new coalition he was fine using the very same Clinton coalition he won against.

He's bad and should feel bad. More culpable than the Clintons because he could have been either a neo Kennedy or something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

FTFY.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
That kind of senseless elitism is why the modern left fails so hard. Everybody thinks they are smarter than average, that's why advertising works. Ask anybody they'll say that advertising doesn't work on them.

The mass line is the true source of intelligence and creativity. The myth of the "smart individual/dumb mass" is just a capitalist appropriation of aristocratic "Great Man" theory.

That's dangerous and bad because innovations in mass media has allows groups with capital to hijack the thinking of the mass line by exploiting it's blind spots.

This creates a hybrid situation that allows for Republicanism to thrive. The intuitive moral good of the mass line rightly recognizes empty suits devoid of vision and desperate for approval. The general will is not born from polling. However, marketing creates an exploit where a certain type of visionary huckster because the mass line recognizes and responds to clear moral vision. It sees that as an expression of its will. Competent advertising let's them be all things to all people while shutting down objections that would normally arise. This leads to the whole "I never thought leopards would eat my face" cries woman who voted for the leopards eating people's faces Party.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I realize this request is almost 20 years too late, but someone needs to channel early '00 SA and create a leftist "cuck" meme because holy poo poo.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Yeah but neolibs are just like "don't kink shame". How do you shame the shameless?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The language used against Obama was racially charged but looking at both Clintons, Gore and Kerry it is more that republicans view democrats as fundamentally illegitimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I wish someone would have had a beer with W during his campaign.

• Locked thread