Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Karenina posted:

Resources on ultralight packing would also be great. Or advice on hiking with chronic pain on your plate. Because I've had chronic pain for years, mostly around my collarbone, and I'm a little antsy about triggering a flare-up. :ohdear:

If a lot of your pain while hiking is due to having a backpack, you might want to look into a lumbar pack. When I used smaller day packs without a decent lumbar belt, my shoulders and upper back would be screaming at me within a mile or two. Just something the way the straps pulled really aggravated my everything.

If I'm just doing a couple hours where water, a rain cover, and a snack is all I really need, there's a lot of options these days for lumbar packs that make you look like an uber dork but are shockingly comfortable. I currently use a north face pack and it's great. No more lovely day pack neck pain or sweaty summer back.

If you prefer water bladders, I've rented the osprey one through work a few times and it's also pretty dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU