Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

All I know in life is how to pour whiskey and run my mouth off
Dinosaur Gum
Swedish outdoorsy goon checking in. Just found this sub forum and I love it. Already got some good equipment tips and stuff!

I used to be a avid nature person when I was a kid but kind of lost it when I moved to Stockholm for job purposes. Have gotten more into it the last year or so and planning on using this summer to expand my interest.
Already have two hikes and a canoe trip planned.

I’ve been seeing a lot of cool pictures and stories from the states. Ima hella jealous of your mountains! I have to travel like 6 hours by car to get those kind of views.

But I was wondering if there was any interest from you guys seeing some trip reports from the Swedish countryside?
First trip is this weekend where we’ll be going into an “urskog” (old-growth forest) for just a night. It’s still quite cold during the nights here, we’re mostly out to test out new equipment for the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

starbucks hermit posted:

I'd be interested. Maybe make a new thread and post a link here?

I have been buying a lot of gear but I haven't been able to try them out. Work has been crazy and there's the lockdown and riots besides. And summer brings out the insects. On the other hand, I bought a hat for just hiking and now I'm wearing it everyday since I've been unable to get a haircut for months.

I’ll definitely do that! Going out Saturday, so probably have something on Monday.

I tend to wear all my new outdoor clothes as leisure wear for a while, they’re just so darn comfortable!

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Martin posted:

I’ll definitely do that! Going out Saturday, so probably have something on Monday.

The weather turned on us and we had to cancel unfortunately. Swedish summer in a nutshell. Ill try to make some updates from our bigger trip in the end of July and hopefully some more after that.