Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

What fine colors and logo would you recommend for a privileged man who has never started the playoffs without being able to watch his own team?

Preds and Caps are the teams to cheer for this year.

I do think that whomever wins the Preds va Hawks series is the team going to the cup finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
In my opinion, the Washington Capitals are going to win the Stanley Cup. If they beat Pittsburgh in the second round on their way there, then it is 100% guaranteed.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bruins called up McAvoy since Carlo and Krug are both out.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Duckman2008 posted:

Preds and Caps are the teams to cheer for this year.

I do think that whomever wins the Preds va Hawks series is the team going to the cup finals.

You're forgetting the Sharks Leafs Oilers and Hawks

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
oh boy, Nashville in an early round. again. *falls asleep"

edit: OK that's weird, I could've sworn they had way more playoff matchups than they do. only '15 and '10 in this recent run. maybe it's just being in division that made me feel this? odd. I'm now more excited

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 10, 2017

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

If they had the old playoff system (with division winners getting the top seeds) it would have had Bruins vs. Habs and Jackets vs. Rangers which would have been a lot of fun.

I dunno the West series kind of seem dumb this year, except for Chicago vs. Nashville.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Disagree.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is...is this where I'm supposed to come to post about play...off...s hockey? Am I in the right place here? I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to be here so soon.

CBJ played a good game last night and were rewarded (unlike the CAR, CHI, WSH, maybe WPG games in the skid), complete with a come-from-behind effort as we might've seen earlier this season. Werenski is likely to return, the scorers are waking up, and apparently their fancy stats were decent-to-good during the 6 game skid. As long as they can actually keep scoring goals, this could be interesting.

That said, it's the Pens, and they're scary as long as Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, and Murray are in the lineup.

Mind_Taker posted:

If they had the old playoff system (with division winners getting the top seeds) it would have had Bruins vs. Habs and Jackets vs. Rangers which would have been a lot of fun.

I dunno the West series kind of seem dumb this year, except for Chicago vs. Nashville.

Crossposting from N/V, here's how the whole thing would've looked:

1) Washington vs 8) Toronto. Leafs don't avoid the crappy draw here.
2) Montreal vs 7) Boston. :getin:
3) Pittsburgh vs 6) Ottawa. Meh.
4) Columbus vs 5) New York Rangers. The Ballad of Rick Nash.

1) Chicago vs 8) Nashville. Does not change.
2) Anaheim vs 7) Calgary. Also does not change.
3) Minnesota vs 6) St. Louis/San Jose tiebreaker loser.
4) Edmonton vs 5) St. Louis/San Jose tiebreaker winner.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Go Habs, Preds, Caps.

Boo everyone else.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

You're forgetting the Sharks Leafs Oilers and Hawks

? I said whomever wins Preds vs Hawks. Also, The Leafs are in the east.

I guess I should specify: whomever wins Preds vs Hawks will be the western conference team in the finals. The Sharks haven't been playing well lately, and i don't think the other teams in the west would beat the either team in a series.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I'm worried that Emelin might get healthy and rejoin the roster.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Duckman2008 posted:

? I said whomever wins Preds vs Hawks. Also, The Leafs are in the east.

I guess I should specify: whomever wins Preds vs Hawks will be the western conference team in the finals. The Sharks haven't been playing well lately, and i don't think the other teams in the west would beat the either team in a series.

I meant teams to cheer for

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I really feel Blackhawks deserve a cup win this year, this drought has gone on too long.

I cleared out some old books off my bookshelf a couple months ago too, and the remaining books don't sit up straight anymore. I think a copy of One Goal IV would fix it though.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Go caps, preds, and Columbus (because ladyfriend is from Ohio, I guessssss)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Wonderllama posted:

Go caps, preds, and Columbus (because ladyfriend is from Ohio, I guessssss)

Hating Pittsburgh isn't a good enough reason?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It's now or never for the Caps, this is the best playoff team they've ever built and too many key pieces could walk in the offseason. There is really no excuse not to make it out of the second or even third round to get to the final, it's all mental at this point. The only team that's close to their level right now is Chicago, and they're on a four game losing streak.

Thursday can't come soon enough, I hate this break before the games begin.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Jake Allen's gonna post a .940 and drag the Blues to the WCF.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

I meant teams to cheer for

Oh, my bad.

Teams I want to win in order of rank:
Preds
Blues
Caps
Sharks
Jackets
Wild

And these teams I am actively rooting against: Pens, Hawks, Bruins and Canadians. Screw the Pens, Bruins and Hawks, and I don't want Montreal to get rewarded on the Subban trade.

The rest I'm indifferent to. I'm stubborn and think Preds have a good shot, maybe I'm being unrealistic. Blues I would love but i don't think they'll make it far if even out of the first round.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

It's going to be so funny guys when the Caps lose in 7 games to the leafs.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Heh, now that I don't have a team in the playoffs, I don't have to deal with the sadness of losing. Joke's on all of you (except one fanbase).

:smith:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
gently caress Chicago but I don't have a ton of faith in Nashville this year. They've looked really good at times but not that consistently. At they seem to be mostly healthy I guess.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
This is a weird feeling I have right now posting here instead of crying into my pillow posting in the non-playoff team thread.

I'm worried about my team because the loss of Roloson in 2006 still stings and we have absolutely no confident back-up goaltending if the unthinkable should happen to Talbot..

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Justin Godscock posted:

This is a weird feeling I have right now posting here instead of crying into my pillow posting in the non-playoff team thread.

I'm worried about my team because the loss of Roloson in 2006 still stings and we have absolutely no confident back-up goaltending if the unthinkable should happen to Talbot..

Bah gawd that's Conklin's music!

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Good Canadian Boy posted:

It's going to be so funny guys when the Caps lose in 7 games to the leafs.

If the Leafs lose now I know who jinxed it

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Duckman2008 posted:

The rest I'm indifferent to. I'm stubborn and think Preds have a good shot, maybe I'm being unrealistic. Blues I would love but i don't think they'll make it far if even out of the first round.

They definitely have a shot against the Hawks. While this Hawks team is still pretty good, it's not at the level of 2009-2015. Their forward depth is good, but their blue line is getting older and has some vulnerabilities (Oduya-Seabrook pairing). The Hawks are still the favorites in the West, but it would not shock me if they faltered before the finals.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

God I hope Edmonton get swept for all those years of tanking the absolute poo poo out of the draft lottery.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Chicago is going to win another cup and you will all beg for death before the end.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

God I hope Edmonton get swept for all those years of tanking the absolute poo poo out of the draft lottery.
They never tanked, and in fact always tried to add expensive veterans and fired their coaches quickly. They lost the good old fashioned way, by having incompetent management make a crappy roster.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

It's gonna be great when the Leafs blow a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes to go 4 games in a row.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

It's gonna happen again~

https://youtu.be/u8GCH5qf9IY

(And again and again and again)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They never tanked, and in fact always tried to add expensive veterans and fired their coaches quickly. They lost the good old fashioned way, by having incompetent management make a crappy roster.

look at the aftermath of the golden ticket to see the oilers trying to win earnestly. they immediately fired the gm and replaced him with someone who wasnt the last person to play pro hockey without a helmet and hired an experienced coach who isnt a moron and replaced scouts and assistant coaches

jsoh fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 10, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

yellowcar posted:

It's gonna happen again~

The guy on the right has no emotions left. He's dead now.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Go CBJ.

Fire Ken Holland.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

rewatching highlights of leafs-bruins 2013 game 7 and getting so psyched for playoff hockey yesssssssssss

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Nashville sweep Habs in 4 to win the SCF.

PK takes the cup to Toronto.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

if Sergio Garcia can win the Masters, then the Blues can do something this playoffs

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Because the B's have looked like dogshit against a terrible Ottawa team, our best player is also one of the dirtiest players of the last 10 years and can't stop cheap-shotting people, our #1 goalie looks like he'd rather be knitting with Krecji than firing milk crates this year, our #1 defenseman is 400 years old and wouldn't crack the top 4 on most other playoff teams (nor would any of our other DMEN), and we have to give Kevan loving Miller serious ice time because a bunch of our DMEN are injured.

Does anyone have a link to a site that has the previews of the series, with a bunch of the relevant stats included? I remember seeing it last year, they had the bracket with expandable matchups that showed things like the Penalty Kill %, the goal differential, etc...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marchand's not even the dirtiest guy to score 39+ goals this year.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

But because he's playing we have to dress Chris loving Neil, and not the 2006 version people actually want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

yellowcar posted:

It's gonna happen again~

This always makes me feel good

• Locked thread