Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Powershift posted:

Okay. assume he is. Does that mean any small portion of the goalie outside of the crease is open game to contact even if he is largely inside the crease. Picture game 7, stanley cup finals, Canucks vs Bruins, and Marchand keeps skating full speed nearly clipping the line around the crease at every opportunity waiting for the goalie to mistakenly poke a toe over the line.

No, of course not - and the rules are clear on this - intentional contact anywhere is not allowed. This contact doesn't look intentional though. As I said earlier: Perry is a poo poo - but he can't see through the back of his head where Talbot is - which tends to take intent out of it. I think he definitely intended to screen Talbot - even at a very close distance. I doubt he intended to interfere with him (mostly because it's against the rules, rather than Perry actually giving a poo poo about being nice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

2 more years of seeing the husk of Alex Burrows getting way too many powerplay minutes :getin:

At this point, Dahlen could never leave Sweden and Vancouver still wins the trade

I mean, Burrows was off the books this year anyhow

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Washington needs to beat the Pens, and make it to the cup finals, so that Nashville can beat them in game 7 OT, off of a Forsberg goal, that gets double reviewed

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

who said anything about optimism? I'm here for humor and gnashing of teeth

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

whatever who cares they're never winning again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxhMAnglaE

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

yet

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I wonder how many of the caps players/coaching staff are giving Williams meaningful looks today in the locker room

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Stats are stats, and prone to misuse by math-abusers

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

Not if EK has a say

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Oh no I hope we don't win this cup just in case it means management makes a decision that slightly lowers our chances of winning another cup in the future.

I know ThinkTank, I know...

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Neitherman posted:

So Sens fans, what do YOU expect is going to happen during this series? Is Karlsson's foot going to need to be amputated? Are the Senators going to pull off a huge upset? Or are you prepared for them to be stomped into the dirt as suggested by all the stat comparisons?

Not a sens fan (or a pens fan) but the sens did take the season series (2/3, 1OT s/o win)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

we shall see *cackles*

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Benson Cunningham posted:

Fleury would leave so he can be the starting goalie. If ownership wants Fleury to leave and he refuses, expect to see him get less than 15-20 games in the entire next season. They'll bring Jarry up to play and give Murray the lion's share.

There are a million ways you can make someone's life unpleasant. I really hope that's now how Fleury ends his Pittsburgh career though.

If Fleury doesn't cooperate on leaving and the pens don't buy him out they are going to lose Murray to Las Vegas - if that happens I don't see the Pens benching Fleury in favor of anyone else.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

It's in Fleury's best financial interest, I think, to choose a list of teams that he knows won't/can't take him, and try and stay in Pittsburgh; if they buy him out he'll likely make a bunch more money on another team through free agency, if they don't he gets to stay on the team he knows. I don't see LV making a deal if Murray is available - he's a damned good, young goalie that just won the cup, it would have to be a hell of a deal.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Bettman trolling as gently caress

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

xzzy posted:

Kitten discovers hockey, then later fucks it up by sitting on the keyboard.

I wanna know what kind of Lego you're looking at

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

myron cope posted:

Why did Malkin get a misconduct or whatever he got at the end of the game

sounds like he was jawing at the refs

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

jesus sens

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Girls, girls... your entire country is bad.

for real

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

I want Subban to win a cup then just drive around Montreal with it in like a pope mobile.

I bet he'd take it to the hospital he donated to

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Nice home ice ref advantage

I'm pretty sure that's not how refs work

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

it's funny because whoever loses game 7 their team narrative of failure gets to continue

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

bewbies posted:

If the Pens win I'm obviously going to have to support them in the final because I will not see the cup tarnished by the confederacy but I'll be goddamned if I can put up with a whole lot more of this phil kessel obsession you people have

lol you are salty as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

If someone goes out of their way to insist they work really hard, they don't actually work that hard.

workin hard (from the Caribbean)

• Locked thread