Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Letang is better than Subban, but given age and injuries I would obviously prefer Subban over Letang rn

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Hes a natural center but he plays om mcdavids wing because hes basically the only guy on the team who can play at connor's tempo

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
gently caress the penguins

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Is that good or bad

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
literally no one is saying the Caps were dominant and are 100% going to win the series

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Caps in 6
Oilers in 5

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Cartoon Man posted:

Do you even have to ask? Call up all your AHL'ers and let them get some goals on Holtby. gently caress it, I'll put a Pens jersey on and go score some goals on him too.

Wilkes Barre got eliminated (by Providence :toot: ) in the first round so this is actually an option I think

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I was reading Crosby's wikipedia page because of this conversation. I didn't know he has an Emmy.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It was nice to see the Caps win that one. They've looked great at 5 on 5 but their special teams and goaltending haven't been very good so far. Good game overall.

I don't think Niskanen injuring Crosby was intentional either. It seems pretty obvious that, like the other poster said, it was a routine "shove the guy in front of the crease" move that happens approximately 10,000 times a game. Just unfortunate timing with Crosby falling down.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the eastern conference final is going to blow compared to this series

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

shyduck posted:

Capitals aren't beating Wilkes-Barre Scranton.

If the Providence Bruins, who lost to the Senators in the first round, can beat Wilkes-Barre Scranton then I think the Caps are fine.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

RC Cola posted:

Lol if you think the Lightning with Stamkos and Bishop can beat the Pens with Kessel

that's not implausible at all

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Well, since I was there and saw it happen, the slash knocked him over, and the cross check that Niskanen himself admitted happened as he was falling. So, sorta?

Oh yeah for sure man

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's because St. Louis is racist.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yeah, pretty much every city has racist fans but Boston and St Louis are probably the worst I'd guess.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

flakeloaf posted:

Everyone from this other place is racist.

ya pretty much

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

oh man i didn't watch this before hahah

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Holtby has been real bad this playoffs.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lol the caps are going to lose a series despite outplaying the other team aren't they

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
are edmonton or pittsburgh fans worse this year? hard to say

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is two weeks after that series ended.

I mean, this isn't hard.

I mean yeah but they're not writing 2500+ words complaining about why a goal shouldn't have counted

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yeah this year is pretty much the beginning of the end for Washington no matter what happens

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

xzzy posted:

I feel like this exact post was made around this time last year. Did you C&P it from an old thread?

It probably was, to be honest.

Anyway my logic is that Oshie, Williams, Kuznetsov, Alzner, Shattenkirk, and Burakovsky all need new deals this summer, in addition to a good amount of their depth/role players like Winnik, Connolly, Orlov, Shmidt, and Grubauer. They'll have 22 million in cap space, maybe a bit more if the cap increases at all, but not enough to keep everyone (not that they even should). They're getting older, the prospect stable isn't great since they've been good for so long, and they can't afford to keep everyone anymore. They're still going to be a good team for a while, obviously, but I think this year is basically as good as the roster can possibly be.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah Kuznetsov, Orlov, and Burakovsky should be kept for sure. Echoing that I'd really like Oshie to stay but he'll probably be too expensive.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
setting realistic expectations I see

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aye Doc posted:

when in doubt, panic wildly

https://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan/status/860502025414615041

Burakovsky-Backstrom-Oshie
Johansson-Kuznetsov-Williams
Ovechkin-Eller-Wilson

lol

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Slappy Pappy posted:

I get that and it's probably true but I really don't see any difference between Shattenkirk and Wideman when he was here except Wideman was more hilarious when he hosed up. Shattenkirk just looks sad.

yea but he has the only GWG of the series

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

SLOSifl posted:

If you believe the doctors under pressure from Pens management (or otherwise) make a bad call on it, then I get it but don't think that is what is happening.

except this exact thing has happened with Crosby/Penguins medical staff before

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Seems like oilers fans are bad now except for Wayne

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

sean10mm posted:

PK is such a hilariously mild flavor of "sports person showing any personality at all" that if you hate him for it there is literally no other explanation but :heritage: because there is just nothing else there TO get mad at.

I hated PK when he was on Montreal, but that's just because I hate Montreal. He's cool now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Xtanstic posted:

That's weird though I still hate Lucic

That's because Lucic is boring and PK is cool and fun.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

AsInHowe posted:

All things considered, the ten best teams in NHL history in some order:

- late '40s Maple Leafs
- early '50s Red Wings
- late '50s Canadiens
- early '60s Maple Leafs
- mid '70s Canadiens
- '80s Islanders
- '80s Oilers
- '90s Red Wings
- 2002 Red Wings
- '10s Blackhawks

I'm hesitant to put any team from before the 1967 expansion as one of the best ever. Dominating a 6 team league is pretty meaningless, in my opinion.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Penguins blowing a 3-1 lead to the best team in the league would not be a choke.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

ThinkTank posted:

'Choke' is a pretty empty term, but losing three straight elimination games is pretty uninspiring regardless of the opposition.

True, but it just doesn't feel like a choke in the same way getting swept by the 8 seed or blowing a 3-0 lead would.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't know how I always forget how stacked the late 90s/early 2000s Redwings and Avalanche teams were.

For Colorado you have Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, Tanguay, Drury, Bourque, Deadmarsh, Foote, with Roy in net. Then you take a look at Detroit and it's Yzerman, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Federov, Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Chelios, Datsyuk, and Hasek.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Devils won the draft lottery

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
fighting is bad rear end

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aphrodite posted:

Anyone else is better than Pittsburgh or Washington. Except Anaheim.

No Washington is cool because they've never won despite being good forever. It'd be great to see them (especially Ovi) finally get one. Nashville is a close second. I hope everyone else loses.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aphrodite posted:

The city of Washington deserves to suffer.

gently caress u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm convinced anyone who is surprised by the Caps tying the series either
A) don't watch the games
B) are Caps fans

• Locked thread