Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I just bought tickets for game 2 in Montreal! Super excited, this is my first Bell Centre game and my first NHL game since North Stars at Leafs sometime in 1993.

(Please don't lose habs :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

yellowcar posted:

:toot: Enjoy!

I'm too poor to afford Habs home games much less playoff home games...

Yeah, it's definitely a luxury. $275 all in for 2 seats on the 3rd level (plus the drive from Hamilton).

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Man Mountain

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Went to the Bell Centre last night, it was crazy! The way the whole place blew up when they tied it and again when they won in OT was unreal. Definitely have to go again.

And they gave me chocolate milk on the way out the door, is that an OT thing?

Saw a couple of these.

Find the guy in the yellow shirt!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Also, it's really nice watching hockey without hearing the Sportsnet guys talking over it.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

gently caress Corey Perry

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Neitherman posted:

I'm sorry for being a poopy stereotypical Pens fan earlier in the thread. I know I'm lucky as gently caress to be a fan of a team that now owns the longest playoffs streak in the league (somehow squeaking in even under Mike Johnston's ill-fated tenure.) Even if MAF implodes, Crosby's head literally is knocked off his body, and Malkin and Kessel slam into each other so hard they rip space-time and suck the entire PPG Paints Arena into another dimension I will appreciate their good luck up to this point. Back to (mostly) lurking for me.

Edit: I will readily admit that this is some horse-poo poo right here.

Not trying to be a homer or anything, but I thought the 76-77 habs were supposed to be the greatest team ever.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Any Scottish goons know where I can catch the ice hockey game in Glasgow? Do they have hockey here?

They call it Winter Golf

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Not that I like Getzlaf or anything, but is that really that bad? $10000 seems harsh.

Then again, it is Ryan Getzlaf.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

HookShot posted:

It's certainly not the worst homophobic slur out there, but I'm very happy with there not being a line as to what's an acceptable gay slur and what isn't..

Sorry, I don't want to get a big debate going on about this, but what about this put it on the bad side of the fuzzy line? Was he insulting a gay player or something? I don't think I've ever heard cocksucker in the context of insulting gay people.

I don't want to come in and defend homophobic slurs or anything, but in a game where people can fist fight name calling shouldn't be a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

What's your endgame here, exactly

Also what do you think the difference between "I'm not defending slurs, but..." and "I'm not a racist, but..." is

Fair enough, I guess my point is it's not a term that is generally recognized as targeting a group of people and lots of people don't consider/realize it can be offensive.

I don't think he NHL needs to be the language police in this case.

• Locked thread