Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Oh cool it's Playoff Posting time again! I'll be mighty surprised if the Pens make it out of the second round this year. I would also be content with the Rangers or Ducks going far. Super looking forward to a reason to drink on weekdays, at any rate.

Go sports!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Here's my official: Go Blue Jackets! gently caress the Pens!
This but the opposite and maybe without the "gently caress" part because I don't actively dislike them!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Coming back to SAS super late to say:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Also I'm always surprised at how quiet it is on the ice in an NHL rink. It sounds like... hockey.
I am willing to bet that's noise cancellation magic. I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The blood ritual is almost complete.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

caps have a 9.5% chance of winning game 7

teams with a 3 - 1 series lead have a 268 - 28 record in the playoffs

that means 90.5% of the time the team with the 3 - 1 series lead ends up winning the series

caps have a 9.5% chance of winning game 7
I'd honestly like to know a team's record in Game 7 after trailing 3-1 in a series. I'm assuming someone, somewhere keeps track of such an insane stat.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/bryzgoalie30/status/862523576645300224
I like this guy.

Continue going The Pengwings, but I'm pretty okay with any of these teams winning.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

yellowcar posted:

I love it when a city's franchises support each other. :3:
Yep. Gerrit Cole showed up at a Pens playoff game last year and had to be asked to calm down, it was awesome.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

If the Penguins win I will feel Good.

If the Predators win I will feel Okay In General, And Good For P.K. Subban.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I am a playoff poster, as idgaf about hockey during football season. This is the Pittsburgh yinzer way
Amen. Baseball season until football, football season until we get eliminated in the WC round, hockey season, repeat.

dont be mean to me posted:

I trust fan bases will come up with better options and front offices totally won't (well, Nashville's might).
Well Wiz Khalifa just had to go and use racial epithets in Black and Yellow so that one's right out :(

(Doesn't stop hordes of fans from using it anyway)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know about better.

Larger and louder? But like not as positives necessarily.
I'm pretty okay with the idea of a new team's fanbase being enthusiastic and loud and disruptive or whatever in a market that has been historically difficult to succeed in.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

bewbies posted:

thank god they embraced country music else they'd not have been as good at ice hockey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2GVcjXXI8&t=9s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

nature6pk posted:

I'm the Pens fan wearing the "I've been waiting 50 weeks for this"
Fuckin' owns.

Go The Pengwings forever.

• Locked thread