Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Do I count as a playoff poster if I only come back for the playoffs but I used to be here all the time? :cheers:

That was a very exciting Penguins game yesterday. I was very mad at Bob Errey when he said Fleury kept his head there on purpose to make that save, but he may have been kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

DJExile posted:

sup cope where the hell have you been lately

New baby (born 8/7 :cool:) + no cable doesn't give many opportunities to post about line combos, sadly.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

An arena somewhat close to me is in the top 4 of the "Kraft Hockeyville" voting. Pretty cool: https://www.krafthockeyville.com/ I can't imagine them hosting a preseason game though (it is the Rostraver Ice Gardens, which anyone who knows I am a Penguins fan could probably guess)

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is Mark Streit hurt? Or is he healthy scratched?

Also, where is Carl Hagelin? :(

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I miss Hagelin. I almost can't remember his flowing locks...

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is Maatta's problem just that he hasn't played a huge stretch of games at a time in quite some time now? He came back, what, 2 weeks ago? I don't know that Streit isn't better than him right now, but I also don't know if sitting him will help him get back into form either. I think trying Streit could be an option, but maybe not for a few more games of not seeing improvement for Maatta.

It being the playoffs complicates things tho. He may not have the time needed to work things out.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I saw the end of the first period and then I had stream issues and the game came back on with like 18:20 left in the 2nd and it was 2-0 and I was upset at missing it.

Still a pretty cool game. Home ice is nice I guess but probably doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Just from looking at the score, this was a pretty good Pens game. I did not get to watch it though, I guess the first like half of the game didn't go so great

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The rink somewhat close to me won the Kraft Hockeyville USA thing so that's pretty dang cool.

Also cool is to see people whining that it's a Western PA winner again.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Yeah he's super dead

:smithicide:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I just wish they'd call penalties in the playoffs the same as they do in the regular season.

I mean, ideally it wouldn't be that lovely either, but at least it would be consistent. Cullen getting hooked, Malkin's crackback block, whatever they called in overtime...

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Sheary has a concussion too

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm not worried at all about losing Crosby and Sheary, they'll just Next Man Up Carter Rowney and... Oskar Sundqvist? So it'll be fine guys

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'd rather an empty cardboard box go out there for 9 minutes than Sestito get 30 seconds

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Nick Bonino mvp and best supporting actor

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I can't wait for the meltdowns from the Oshie penalty at the end

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I am terrified of the Capitals. Does this count as deflecting?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Hasn't the "HBK" line been split up since forever? At least Hagelin has been out for quite a bit with injuries. I like the look of those lines though, even to try it.

I also saw something on twitter saying Daley was out? I don't know I only glanced at it

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

Sorry predators, I'm rooting for you. The coup de grace of any sports playoff team. Couple that with SAS' love of PK, and I dare say that the Pittsburg penguins are gonna win the Stanley cup.

There is an "h" at the end of the word "Pittsburgh" please use care when spelling it, thank you :cheers:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Per https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft, Jarry and Maguire are exempt and MAF would have to be protected unless he's bought out/waives, so the non-Jarry goalie would theoretically be Murray unless there were some sort of workaround.

They can do some kind of trade where the Penguins give them something else in exchange for not taking Murray, I think?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Can Olli wear rocket skates

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

That James Neal goal to make it 2-0 was maybe the worst goaltending I've ever seen in the playoffs and I've seen Fleury at his worst.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is it time for Daniel Sprong??

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Mears is boring but a light post is an upgrade over Steigerwald so cool.

In real news, let's talk about how Evgeni Malkin is literally worthless and terrible

Signed,
every yinzer I encounter, without fail

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

DJExile posted:

Wasn't that kinda the way Chris Chelios played too? He was never a very physical guy but was able to play basically forever?

This was also Nick Lidstrom, right? I feel like I heard that description before

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Daniel Sprong should play next game for Conor Sheary because what the poo poo is wrong with that dude. And Schultz should play for Hainsey (or Maatta, take pick) even with one arm and/or hot brain.

Also the Penguins literally cannot get a bounce their way. I mean, the Sens are wiping the floor with them, but they've had so many pucks in feet and just missed passes and whatnot it's crazy. (I don't want it to sound like I'm saying the Senators are not the better team tonight because clearly they are)

All the luck in the world wouldn't help that defense though :smithicide:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Why did Malkin get a misconduct or whatever he got at the end of the game

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

burned him up

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Carter Rowney looks good. Where'd this dude come from even

Also is Ruhwedel dead

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The NHL playoffs should be like... NBA Jam? What game was it? That let you take one player from the team you just defeated and add them to yours.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Well that was super lovely by Wingels at the end.

I hope Karlsson misses the rest of the series. Purely because I want the Penguins to win, I have no ill will toward him.

Also that Rust Bonino Rowney line was putting in some work, goddamn

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Boy something happened in the third period there and the Penguins turned bad. I didn't care for it.

I'm also just all-around tired of playoff officiating. Why are the rules different in the playoffs from the regular season? Why did they call interference on Ron Hainsey when they literally never call that (even in the regular season)? Why was Daley's goal even called a goal that needed a coach's challenge to overturn? (I'm not saying the Penguins lost because of officiating.)

Why are the Sportsnet announcers so bad? They make Paul Steigerwald seem impartial.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I think it would be great if the Hainsey interference call was made every time it happened, regular season or playoffs.

Same. But let's at least have consistency

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I feel pretty confident in the Pens chances as the "haven't won a game 7 at home after losing game 6" stat" sounds dumb and made up. The one thing that does worry me though is Thursday is Matt Murray's birthday and we saw how well that went for Anderson

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

It's real! And it's happened seven times.

Fortunately, the streak is in direct opposition to Ottawa's "0-5 in Game 7" so something's gotta give.

I guess "made up" was the wrong choice because I know it's a real stat, so "pointless" better describes it. I also think the "0-5 in game 7" is bad.

It barely matters what happened last round [in determining what will happen this round], why does what happened in 1975 have even the slightest chance of mattering?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Who had Chris Kunitz scoring 2?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Someone needs to gif the slowmo of Kunitz's shot going past Anderson and his reaction

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Pittsburgh, aka the City of Champions, just expects a bit more out of its sports teams. You fans from other places just wouldn't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

How a city can seriously call themselves that when they have the loving Pirates still baffles me.

No we aren't by the ocean, we don't have pirates :confused: I mean, I guess there could be river piracy...

• Locked thread