Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Suspicious posted:

According to RAS, Lundqvist no longer qualifies as one.

The Playoff Revenge of Antti Raanta starts NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Cubs, Trump, Cavs, and even those Uconn women lost. Guys, this is when droughts end and streaks break. The Capitols are winning the Stanley Cup.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

iospace posted:

Toxx thread is that way

Oh no you don't! One of my panic-predictions will come true unlike the other three times I Toxx'd something.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

More appropriate for Pittsburgh.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Powershift posted:

McDavid's first playoff goal with the oilers looks almost identical to one of gretzky's last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXoArMDDCOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__lBD-Wlbr0

Both shorthanded, same spot on the ice, both goalies dead to rights, even celebrated in the same spot.

Expect to see these overlaid side by side in every oilers video reel for the next 50 years.

edit: put them side by side, pause Mcdavid at the redline play gretzky, unpause Mcdavid when gretsky hits the redline. Goosebumps.

http://youtubedoubler.com/kOYT
Here you are.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kilza posted:

I was led to believe the Chicago Blackhawks were the only good team in the West.

The West Is Bad™

They played a meh season, but were really good for February and most of March. A stats guru can post the numberinos.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mike_V posted:

No need to, I think that was what every Hawks fan said so it can just be assumed

Please. I had them getting humiliated next round to the Wild

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Porrima posted:

Could someone tell a non-anglo about homerism? I know what the term means, but from where does it come from? Homer Simpson is the only homer I know but is this something older?

Your home team is always right and can do no wrong. Home team. Homer.
See: Austrian Mook, and CJBspruge in this very thread!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

whatis posted:

nashville's crowd is underrated. i went to a playoff game there like 4 years ago and its by far the raddest sports thing i've ever experienced. that arena was loving wild

They were handing out shirts tonight that said "You can sleep when the playoffs are over" in what I thought was a great dig at the league for scheduling these 8:30 (9:30 if you're Nashville) starts.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So the Blackhawks actually managed to score a goal. Finally. (And Have been scoreless 9 our of ten periods this series). If you've been following the TOXX thread this means one lucky Preds fan just won a new avatar. Courtesy of me. First one to reply gets it, anything they want.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Nashville and Chicago are in CT which means that 2 of their 3 games started at 7pm local time which actually makes total sense? They had an 8:30 local start last night, but they likely won't have another late start for the rest of the series.

Minnesota/St. Louis have a much bigger gripe, they've had a 2 pm game, an 8:30 game, a two day break, and another 8:30 pm coming up on Wednesday

This year. Last year (and the year before?) they all started that late, and it was pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Goodbye cruel season.

• Locked thread