Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aye Doc posted:

even if i'd prefer another winner, there is probably no better, funnier, more deserved ending to this season than pk subban using his day with the stanley cup on a trip to the montreal children's hospital

This is not an empty quote.

(:unsmith:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thufir posted:

Oh man that game was so stressful and then so great. Lots of hugs and damp eyes in section 303.

How loud was it when Sissons got the game winner?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bizarre deformity posted:

I just can't fathom how anyone can not like Subban, he's so drat likable. I even liked him when he was in Montreal in spite of being a Sabres fan.

He played in Montreal.

He's black.

There you go. Uncomfortable truth spoken.

Also, if you want some joy, look at his face when Forsberg scored the empty netter. I think at that point he realized that "IT'S HAPPENING"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot take: refs suck, unless it benefits your team.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bewbies posted:

thank god they embraced country music else they'd not have been as good at ice hockey

Holy gently caress are you salty about Nashville.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think part of why most of SAS without a horse left in the race has taken to Nashville is because it's something missing in hockey once you get to the NHL level: Personality. Is it corny? Yup. Is it fun to watch? Yup.

Back in the Badger's WCHA heyday, the Kohl Center would be absolutely nuts, sellouts (and we're talking 15k+ people here), loud fans, organized chants, you name it. Watching Nashville at home reminds me of that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pirates are the second oldest MLB franchise and have plenty of pennants and world series wins, they're just stuck with garbage gently caress ownership and have been for a while.

Excuses excuses :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Good bye playoff thread.

Hello finals thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821739

• Locked thread