Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

hifi posted:

i hate national broadcast crews because they try and turn the sport into baseball. i don't care about what college they went to or any of the storylines, i just want a tyson nash hype man yelling about dangles and top shelf cheddar and drew remenda bitching about defensive awareness and the play by play guy gets the visiting team names wrong.

Now that you mention it, that probably is the best description for Tyson Nash's commentary.

For anyone who doesn't tune into the Yotes, here's a synopsis for you: https://youtu.be/oQhtKHHuHFM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Albino Squirrel posted:

N: https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/851946676260663296

V: Jesus H. Christ, Oilers. 80 bucks to stand around in a hallway and watch TV?

Really amazing how bad this is. Why not just throw a viewing party outside and sell concessions?

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Kassian was a beast tonight. Real fascinating as an impartial fan to this series to watch the Canadian coverage where they're extolling how great Kassian's game was, then switch to the Sharks channel and hear them ask about suspensions for charging.

With that said, the Sharks laid a real stinker out on the ice tonight. No life in them. And that PP is really really terrible. They need Jumbo back asap.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

The Flames were done in by a lucky deflection tonight, however they haven't looked good against the Ducks so far at all. Maybe it changes once they get home, especially since they're a young team, but eventually they need to win in Anaheim. Stinks since they liked so good going into the postseason.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

When did Klein attend the Dan Girardi school of bad turnovers?

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Albino Squirrel posted:

I'm actually sad because I do want to see a Battle of Alberta series.
Ducks robbed us of seeing the Battle of Alberta featuring 2 of the best young stars in the game too. Oh well, maybe next year.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

If the Sens play Chris Neil, gonna have to insert Glass.

lol

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Levitate posted:

Buch was practicing on the top PP unit though.

I don't know why AV thinks he should rotate Buch and Glass but considering ti'd be downright insane to play Glass with kreider and Zibby I'm gonna assume we won't actually see that during a game.

Ahem, Playoff Game Winning Goal Scorer Tanner Glass.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Pierre tries too hard at giving useless trivia on players to make viewers think he's full of in-depth knowledge, and in turn he very rarely goes any deeper than basic fundamentals. He at least provides more accurate analysis than Don Cherry, but it's not much more. On the other end of the spectrum would be guys like Kevin Weekes and Steve Valiquette who are really good at explaining technical parts of the game.

edit: And to clarify, I do believe Pierre knows the technical parts of the game. He just spends far too much time trying to impress the audience with trivia no one cares about.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Up 2 games and McDavid only has 1 point so far this series. Pretty impressive.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Wow, I thought the Rangers losing in 2OT was disheartening, then I saw the Caps crowd after that EN goal. Yikes.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

a false posted:

this is what i've been saying for months and the glass thing is probably going to actually happen

Maloney was going off pretty hard on AV for sitting Buchnevich and Lindberg all during OT. Even criticized AV for touting the Rangers depth being it's strength, but then sitting guys. It really started to handicap them and you could see guys slowing down in OT.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

RAS, read this if you want to punch the wall:

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/ny-rangers/inexplicable-coaching-decisions-cost-new-york-rangers/

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Once Fleury was able to withstand the onslaught of the first half, you knew Crosby was just going to pull some magic out of his hat and that would be the difference maker.

If it's any consolation to the Caps, the series is not over yet. In 2011 the Bruins lost the first 2 games at home too, then rallied to win the next 2 games in Montreal on the way to the cup. If Fleury's confidence takes a hit, then that could potentially open the floodgates. Caps had a lot of shots, but it seemed like many were from the perimeter with the Pens conceding space. I didn't see many deflections, tip ins, or crease crashing. Not that it cost them the game, but that's definitely an avenue they have to get back in this series.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Not that anyone suspected AV would do otherwise, but Glass was spotted in the team meeting, and Buchnevich was part of the morning skate for the extras today.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Glad Fleury kept the tribute on his mask to Matt Cooke. They were great friends on the Pens together when Cooke would fly around the ice and regularly concuss people on purpose.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

There's a chance Glass could end up playing more games for the Rangers in the playoffs (5 so far) than he did in the regular season (11).

He had 2 points, a fight, and 7 hits last night, and that was all in 10 minutes of ice time.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

a false posted:

and a 55% cf :eyepop:

The Sens are turning the puck over constantly from the pressure he creates on the forecheck. He's been looking really fast. The icing on the cake was the third period where he was cycling the puck down low in the offensive zone with Lindberg an entire shift.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Jovial Cow posted:

I really hope AV plays Buchnevich tomorrow :ohdear:

He'll likley do that, but also play Girardi and Staal for the last 5 minutes to "lock" down the game. :getin:

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Forget best team, what's more exciting is who would be the better rover, Newsy Lalonde or Brent Burns?

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Aurora posted:

What was the last actually awful team in the SCF? The 2012 Devils?

The 2012 Kings finished 8th in the West with 95 points. They slept through the regular season during their cup runs.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I did enjoy watching probably the only dman left in the playoffs that Ryan can blow past, and of course that's who he goes up against in OT, lol.

I didn't think the game was necessarily boring, but probably lacked crazy rushes and wide open shots from bad defensive coverage. Overall the game was very structured. This is only game 1 and the teams are feeling each other out.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/bobby-ryan-dear-mom/

Happy Mothers' Day :unsmith:

Is every Players' Tribune article like this?

And of course Bobby Ryan was homeschooled.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I typically root for the underdog in sports, but watching that awful 1-3-1 block the Pens in a game with a 1-0 final score was absolutely dreadful. I have no interest in seeing that in the Finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

So what was the play that did Johansen in?

• Locked thread