Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

My only concern right now is the status of Klefbom. Really hope he'll be okay for the Ducks series. We can't lose him.

https://twitter.com/DavidAmber/status/856010981574574081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Captain Internet posted:

A couple scoring titles, a cup, and a traumatic brain injury. That's if we are following the generational talent blueprint to the letter.

No no, that's the Pittsburgh generational talent blueprint, not the Edmonton generational talent blueprint.

McDavid will keep winning the Hart and Art Ross and win 4 Cups until the salary cap gets the best of the Oilers and they have to trade McDavid off.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/856264468044664833

Now Caps/Leafs need to go to OT to break the record. And Leafs need to win so that way we get a Game 7.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/856264468044664833

Now Caps/Leafs need to go to OT to break the record. And Leafs need to win so that way we get a Game 7.

And just like that the record has been broken.

e: https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/856325513417293824

Now we just need a Game 7 OT. :getin:

Kilza fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 24, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hope you all enjoy the next 2 days without playoff hockey!
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/856330050634993666

(NASH/ANA is supposed to be Preds/Blues)

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Thank the Lord Wayner, those Oilers games hopefully are starting before 10pm EST.

Clearly you forgot Nashville and St. Louis are in CST.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/856338199882366977

e: https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/856338648052183041

We have a game that starts before 8 PM! :woop:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Full round 2 schedule released:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoffs-round-2-schedule/c-280468316

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I don't care that the Oilers have to face the Ducks, I'm just happy we've made it this far. And if the Oilers advance to the WCF and SCF, I won't care who we face because again, I'll be happy we made it that far.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

dont be mean to me posted:

Out of curiosity: When was the last time none of the first-round series went to a winner-take-all game?

The last time was 2001

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I feel like the most crushing option for the Caps would be for them to easily get past the Pens and Rangers, only to lose to the Predators with Filip Forsberg scoring the Cup Winning Goal.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Can we redo the 2006 Stanley Cup Final as well?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oilers win Game 1 and steal home ice advantage away from the Ducks! :toot:

Oilers did what the Flames can't do: win against Anaheim in Anaheim.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

yellowcar posted:

So if MAF helps the Pens to win another Cup, do you think he's staying and Murray goes to Vegas?

I sure as hell hope so!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Good soup! posted:

What was the series that tore SAS apart and a bunch of people got probated or banned wasnt it the Carolina-Edmonton one from 2006?

Close. Carolina-Buffalo 2006.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

bizarre deformity posted:

But seriously, apart from Fiddler's deserved misconduct, that officiating was loving garbage. How the hell can the refs give one team five Power Plays and the other team zero??

It managed to happen in Game 3 of the Flames-Ducks series where the Flames got 6 PPs and the Ducks 0. Basically refs are, and always will be, inconsistent (also bad). Just need to hope your team exceeds despite the lopsided PP advantage.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oilers somehow survive to win 2-1 and now they're headed back to Edmonton with a 2-0 series lead. Holy poo poo. :getin:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

heeheex2 posted:

I thought you gave up on the oilers?

I gave up on the idea they were going to win any more games after Game 4 vs. San Jose. I never gave up on cheering for them.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

That's it, Sens gonna win the cup.

Honestly, the worst part about the Sens winning the Cup will be Eugene Melnyk being smug as gently caress over it.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Carver posted:

Since it's been so long now, Murray is probably out for the playoffs eh?

I think Murray's played his last game as a Penguin.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

That game probably just got Pageau overpaid by millions.

It also probably means he no longer will play for the Ottawa Senators after Melnyk refuses to pay what he's asking for.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jehde posted:

Honestly, I'm just done after tonight's game. I felt positive going into the game, but I stopped watching after it was 3-0, and seeing it end up 6-3 just makes things worse. All those positive feelings are gone. That was the worst game the Oilers played all season, and it's beyond frustrating when the Oilers had been the better team in the series, could've been up 3-0 if they didn't fall asleep in Game 3, and instead now they're down 2-1. But there's no chance in hell they're winning another game in this series. They're done. Stick the :fork: in them, they aren't coming back.

At least we made the playoffs, at least we won 2 games, and at least the Flames still suck more than we do. Now hopefully Chiarelli does some work in the off-season to make us better, because this team isn't going far the way they are right now.

Congrats on your series win, Ducks fans.

:yeah:

For the record, I'm not in meltdown mode over that game. I'm disappointed we had a bad start, but I'm happy we fought back and tied it. Just sucks that Talbot decided to be bad tonight and gave up a stinker of a GWG 20 seconds later, though, and they couldn't capitalize on their momentum they had at the end of the 2nd to tie it up again. Refs also allowing the 5th Ducks goal, which looked very much offside, was the nail in the Oilers coffin tonight.

I'm just really concerned over Game 4. If the Oilers lose that then I feel like they lose the series. Then that'll be Kilza's :fork: time.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 1, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

iospace posted:

Are you feeling ok? You seem more optimistic than normal.

I stole Kawalimus' pessimism. I am now Kawalimus: Oilers Fan.

For as much as I hate the Pens, I really hate seeing Crosby end up with another concussion. He's not even 30 yet and it would suck to see him miss a lot of games and/or be less dominant thanks to yet another concussion.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Don't worry, the Pens were up 3-1 last year too and the Caps ended up winning Game 5.

Just, uh, don't look up what happened after that game.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

gently caress the Coach's Challenge.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I really don't like blaming the refs, but holy poo poo the refs really decided Game 4 tonight. First Ducks goal was goalie interference (yet it counted), second Ducks goal was offside (yet it couldn't be challenged), fourth Ducks goal (the OT winner) should have been icing leading up to it yet it wasn't called. Oilers win that game if not for that bullshit reffing.

Kilza posted:

I'm just really concerned over Game 4. If the Oilers lose that then I feel like they lose the series. Then that'll be Kilza's :fork: time.

The Fix Is In and we will lose the series. :fork:

Kilza fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 4, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Karlsson didn't play in the 3rd, but it sounds like it was just precautionary:
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/860323766831861760

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Linesmen for Ducks-Oilers, Game 4: Scott Cherrey, Brian Murphy
Linesmen for Ducks-Oilers, Game 5: Scott Cherrey, Brian Murphy

You'd think missing an offside and icing leading to two goals would be means to make sure different linesmen work the next game, but since those both benefited the Ducks that means they get to work the next game in the series. Great job NHL!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ducks tied Game 5 3-3 as Kesler was grabbing Talbot's pad and not letting go. That's 100% goalie interference. The goal was allowed to stand.

gently caress the NHL, gently caress the refs, gently caress Bettman. This loving poo poo is rigged.

e: https://twitter.com/DerekVanDiest/status/860727915645894656

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

xzzy posted:

But what about the previous two goals? Game should never have gotten to the point where a blown call/review mattered. :v:

Yes, the Oilers never should've allowed the 3-1 and 3-2 goals, but the thing is that if the right call is made and the goal is waived off then odds are that the Oilers would've killed off the final 15 seconds. They would've won the game in regulation had the right call been made. Instead we're now facing OT, which the Ducks will likely win, and instead of having won the series 4-1 it's likely 3-2 Ducks headed back to Edmonton.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 6, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Whether he did or didn't I just don't think you're gonna get that call when you're pushing a player into your own goalie and I don't understand why dmen continuously think it's a good idea.

Nurse is the reason Kesler fell, but Nurse is not the reason Kesler was grabbing onto Talbot's pad. You shouldn't be able to grab a goalie's pad and get away with it, no matter how you get into that position.

Anyways, if the Ducks win this series I'm done with the playoffs this year. gently caress watching this rigged bullshit. I don't care who wins the Cup anymore as long as it isn't the loving Ducks.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Captain Internet posted:

"I'm just happy we got to the second round."

That was before I realized what reffing bullshit was awaiting us. I'd much rather have lost to the Sharks than have to endure this bullshit right now.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Powershift posted:

Do a new Kilza.txt, they won 4 straight after that.

gently caress the refs.

:fork:

The Oilers are done.

gently caress you Ducks, you didn't deserve to win this series.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

gently caress this series. gently caress the refs. gently caress the NHL. gently caress Bettman. gently caress Corey Perry. gently caress the Anaheim Ducks.

The Oilers should have won this series 4-1. But instead, because Bettman loving hates the Oilers, it's now a 3-2 series for the Ducks that they don't deserve. They had 3 goals that shouldn't have happened in Game 4, and tonight the game tying goal should not have happened. There's no way this bullshit isn't rigged. Ducks get multiple obvious calls missed by the refs, they get goals allowed that shouldn't be allowed and now they're going to win the series on Sunday because the refs are in their pocket and giving them this series.

This series is over. Oilers aren't coming back. They can't beat the refs. They can't beat Bettman.

I hope the Ducks get swept by the Preds next round. Those fuckers and their fans don't deserve happiness.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/861244081988554753

Cool, glad Getzlaf was able to get away with injuring Sekera on a late hit.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Heliogabalos posted:

the NHL has a very consistent track record of not giving a gently caress about late hits causing injury in the regular season,

To clarify, I know the late hit isn't suspension worthy or anything. At most it's a penalty. It's just frustrating to see it happen.

Anyways, Oilers are done:
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/861349882845552640

No Klefbom, no Sekera, that's it. Refs hosed us over Games 4 and 5, and now there's no way the Oilers D can hold up with both Klefbom and Sekera out.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

gently caress the NHL. Not watching anymore of the playoffs. Go Preds, Sens and Pens. Anybody but the Ducks, please.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/RobTheHockeyGuy/status/864687555156992000

Oh no, the poor Anaheim Ducks have been so unlucky in the playoffs! They would clearly be 11-0 right now if they just weren't so drat unlucky!!!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

Through whatever karma, Taylor Hall still wouldn't play in the playoffs.

Well yeah, can't use him for his draft lottery skills if he isn't on your team. :v:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Little Kielbasa posted:

NHL should be 3-on-3 all the time.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Do you keep rolling with MAF or start the guy who will be on the team next year?

But Fleury is the guy that'll be on the Pens next year.

• Locked thread