Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Go caps, preds, and Columbus (because ladyfriend is from Ohio, I guessssss)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Harm being done unto the Pittsburgh penguins?

*steeples fingers*

I'm going to allow it.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
So the guy that exploded a dudes finger; and pitchforked another dudes balls got shoved down real hard and im upset about it.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I'm ok with Pittsburgh getting further in the playoffs because I enjoy PAS shitposting, but someone has to stop them before they win the cup viva la revoluçion

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The pens D had trouble accounting for columbus' D being so aggressive offensively. This makes sense, as it was do-or-die for the jackets, but it's unsustainable for an entire series - as it's too risky -Even for "safe is death" torts. This game was an anomaly, the pens will win the series, And Mitch McConnell will remain majority leader of the senate as evil continues to reign.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Levitate posted:

Should be Karlsson's. Tampa didn't make the playoffs,Burns has a better supporting cast, Karlsson is more important to his team and is measurably one of the biggest difference makers in the league

It's not the hart. Hedman had more points and fancier of stats.

But I agree that karlsson is more instrumental in his own team. Although hedman was the only good defenseman in tampa this year.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It's cool that guy watches malkin play

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Mike Babcock is completely in the head of the 50/50 raffle ticket promoter.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

RC Cola posted:

The reason I hate Crosby so much is that he's shoved down my throat every minute of every game all season and post season long. Crosby could get concussed game 1 and that's all they'd talk about all season.

This. Plus he a straight chump busta

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

gently caress the penguins

To you, I extend the dappage

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Watching the pens lose their #1 defenseman and #1 goalie and still march on in the playoffs against the caps is kinda like when Nixon finally got impeached, and the ford just went ahead and pardoned him.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Xtanstic posted:

Thanks for reminding me about this gem

I was at the game when that happened, I think downie got tossed, and absolutely every poster here thought he should be suspended for that.

SAS has wisdom in its aging

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I'll take kovy, and he can go ahead and pack our seventh round pick gusev into his bags.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
A team in the playoffs that lost their #1 center and #1 goalie? Now, where have I seen this before? Oh that's right, that's how the Pens got to the finals last year.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

RC Cola posted:

Lol if you think the Lightning with Stamkos and Bishop can beat the Pens with Kessel

Took them to seven games, and the Pens had to win 2 out of the final 3 games?

Yeah it's a real stretch.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
He's not an ambi-angular

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Guys. Guys. Kunitz doesn't like the hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGJVhSr430

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
My favorite part about NHL playoffs 2017 is that for once no one is talking about the New York rangers.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Guentzel owns. This win owned.
How long do concussions last again?

We can only hope niskanen has a chance to finish him off

So he'll have to come back next game cuz this poo poo is ovah

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
A bad call and a non-call aren't really an even trade off imho

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Chad Sexington posted:

I know Pens fans have spreadsheets about the number of times we talk about penalties, but I thought this was funny.

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/860007183832023040

:laffo:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
caps have a 9.5% chance of winning game 7

teams with a 3 - 1 series lead have a 268 - 28 record in the playoffs

that means 90.5% of the time the team with the 3 - 1 series lead ends up winning the series

caps have a 9.5% chance of winning game 7

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I, of course, cribbed that lovely stats post from hfboards. But what's scary is that all this Justin Williams game seven talk reminds me of the henrik lundqvist/rangers game seven records right before the lightning clowned on them in game seven. Almost like...like stats are bullshit. Bullshit!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Sorry predators, I'm rooting for you. The coup de grace of any sports playoff team. Couple that with SAS' love of PK, and I dare say that the Pittsburg penguins are gonna win the Stanley cup.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
If Eugene Melnyk asks the public for help again, I am willing to donate my foot for EK to help stop the penguins.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
West coast best coast.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Speaking of playoff history, I believe ol' guy Boucher has a pretty good playoff records against the pittsburgH hockey club

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Flyinglemur posted:

Speaking of speaking of playoff history, don't you owe me an essay?

Dont worry, you're not the only one to ignore the bet, UNLESS I MISSED WHEN YOU POSTED IT and if that's the case, just show me a link. Or don't. I'm pretty ok tonight, how are you?

Haha nooooo. I owe it to you. And it'll probably be two by the time this season is over.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Captain Internet posted:

It's cool they were able to clone Methot so he could play in the post season after Crosby brutally murdered Marc Prime.

Bruh, are you seriously questioning the slash. Cuz lol. Loll at you.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Abner Assington posted:

Haha like EK has any room to try and talk poo poo re: being a captain.

Haha Erik karlsson's trap sprung, son

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Why can't people just call interference and pick plays? It's super simple to just not allow defenseman to grab a hold of forwards. And it would cause defenseman to pivot and chase the puck, which they are gonna lose many times, and lead to offensive opportunities. Also, why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Jordan7hm posted:

Because it leads to guys flying into the offensive zone too fast. The pick plays are a safety measure.

It leads to worse hockey but this is a legit problem with the sport. Not sure what the solution is short of removing contact entirely.

Haha. No. Not all are dumps. They bounce it off the wall adjacent to the defenseman. This is 100% the refs not wanting to cal everything. But that has historically already happened once (in 2005/2006) they just allowed themselves to be lax again. It's totes a decision, and they could do it.

Also, in the "stupid loving idea" department. My idea to fix the league is to call intentional icing when a defenseman is unable to keep the puck in the zone, and then is under pressure by the opposing forwards, so he dumps the puck in and the team clears the zone. If you make the defenseman play the puck, it would lead to mistakes. Get this idea to the gm table. Asap.

• Locked thread