Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Have the Leafs been this entertaining to watch all season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Blues better put the Wild to bed tonight or there's going to be trouble.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's still not as trudgingly slow as the game was pre-2005. Personally I don't mind them letting more go as long as it's not egregious and the game is called evenly.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So I think the league needs to come down a lot heavier on this nutshot bullshit. I don't know when or how this became vogue but it needs to end

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lmao Oilers nutshot dude only got a fine

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

When you turn around and spear someone in the nuts it's as blatant of an attempt to injure someone as it gets. Plus you can permanently injure somebody by doing that. It's just bad and lovely.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wonder what the record for one goal games in a postseason is.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Blues/Wild is going 7.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I watched every second live of the 5OT Flyers/Pens game in 2000. Ended around 2:30am. I was 16 at the time, so the lack of sleep wasn't as big of a deal going to school that morning. Plus everyone else was tired too, so it worked out.

That summer I went to a hockey camp in Ontario, and Ron Tugnutt, the Pens goalie in that series was one of the guests. We had a Q&A with him, and I asked a question that to this day, I still kinda cringe at. With a stupid grin on my face and my Flyers hat on my head, I asked him:

"What was it like to play five overtimes and lose?"

There were laughs, groans, and an "ooooooooh" from one of the camp directors. He laughed it off, or at least did a good job doing so, then went on to discuss playing in that game and whatnot. He autographed a Blue Jackets pennant for me, as they just joined the league and he was I believe was their first goalie. He thought the pennant was cool.

So yeah, Ron Tugnutt is a good dude.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Don't you have to suit up for at least one playoff contest?
It's either-or, and it's a finals game they would have to suit up for. The commissioner is also allowed to make exceptions, such as if a player didn't meet requirements due to injuries.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

fits posted:

generally it 50% of a teams games or one game of the scf. teams can petition otherwise but i doubt theyll do it
Dan Carcillo was granted one in 2015. He didn't appear in the playoffs and had played 39 regular season games.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ESPN basically just laid off all of their hockey writers.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They fired Buccigross :negative:

edit: they've NOT fired Buccigross but his contract is up in the summer and it's gery up in the air

Lebrun is still under contract with TSN, so he's still kinda good for now.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 26, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This should be in a museum.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I might be in the minority here but I hope when Bob Cole finally retires, they let him call another finals game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Capitals aren't beating Wilkes-Barre Scranton.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Milbury sounds like a baseball writer

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Benson Cunningham posted:

Isn't Ovie notorious for using a 70ish pound flex? That's why his stick breaks every 3rd slap shot.
I believe he uses a whip for power plays only, since all he's doing is setting up shop at the top of the circle. Stiffer flex for normal play.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shyduck posted:

Capitals aren't beating Wilkes-Barre Scranton.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Goddamn penguins fans are annoying on twitter right now.
You're just finding this out?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

JawKnee posted:

blow up the core of the team that just won the president's trophy huh?
hey now, that's back to back presidents trophies :colbert:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Here's a secret about diving: everybody does it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The review rules are really loving stupid and probably need a good shakeup.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rules are made vague on purpose because the game is so fast and fluid that calling everything to the letter is just impossible. They're gonna miss things, but they'll crack down on other things to not only keep control, but keep the game moving. It's good that the open interpretation exists.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tonight was just the perfect storm of rules and officiating issues more or less. I think NHL officials for the most part do a fantastic job, and stuff like the offsides goal is a scenario that would be missed by most linesmen. I also think they got it wrong with the waved icing in overtime, but to a very slim extent I can see why it happened. Puck slowed down before the goal line, and so did the player. It's a lovely, tough call. Officials had a rough night tonight.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oilers lost once it became 3-1. Their faces had "here we go again" written all over it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/861993631950848000

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ijzer posted:

Why would anyone in Nashville fight about pizza when there is hot chicken to disagree about.

If you think Hattie B's is the best you can get the gently caress out of my town because that dog don't hunt.
I liked Pepperfire when I was there.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hoffman's trying to squirt it into Crosby's glove. Super dick move but clever

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The one good thing Corey Perry ever did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: Moved uniform post to loser thread since this thread is doa tonight