Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Humble request predictions/brackets be kept to a separate thread. Scrolling past dozens gets tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Habs dealt some asset to the Kings for a song to keep them ahead of the Golden Seals in the standings, because they had the Seals' first round pick in 71. That pick became first overall, Guy Lafleur.

That's some Little Finger tier planning.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:laffo:

gently caress it, let Vegas have Murray. poo poo like this would be worth it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
When somebody tries to run the puck carrier, but the puck carrier stands tall and knocks them on their rear end instead.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Catching up with this thread after being at work all day...

Ginette Reno posted:

I also love a good elbow. I'm not a Messier fan but this is one of my favorite youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgp-URw070

Watching this I can't help but think, "Marc Messier is the platonic ideal of a hockey player." I can't think of another player that was/is as brutal and skilled simultaneously. At least not in my life time. Sure, Gordie Howe, but a lot of his peak isn't recorded.

T-Bone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8UfVi-vcww

"Get in there he's got a broken eye!"

-- what are things you heard on an early 90s NHL broadcast

I love Richter here. He's skates through the background, just :aaa: for 5 seconds in disbelief.
I counted 18 punches here. You can yell all the poo poo you want, idgaf, but if you actually try to get physical with a professional athlete, you are dumb as gently caress.

deoju fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 19, 2017

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
^^^ That's true. If his brains had been kept at room temperature he would fit the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My biggest problem with Pierre is he doesn't know what the word 'allude' means. He has been misusing it for years.

• Locked thread