Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Jake Allen's gonna post a .940 and drag the Blues to the WCF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Holy poo poo, Preds fans don't have to suffer through a Doc/Edzo tandem for their series with the Hawks.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Thufir posted:

Are the Blues letting Yak City play again?

He's only gonna play if a couple people get hurt.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Winning the opportunity to get curbstomped by the Original Six for three straight years shouldn't count for the Blues reaching the Stanley Cup Finals

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Yeah I'm sure it's a real mystery as to who's going to be in the CBJ lineup. That 4th line tweener will be the difference between victory or defeat.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pens playing with 11 forwards after Sestito takes his required 2, 5, and a Game will make an interesting storyline.

Matt Calvert scored the 2OT GWG in Game 2 in 2014. He's good for 10+ goals a year and a top PKer with William Karlsson, who is a solid defensive center. Josh Anderson is a rookie who potted 17 in the regular season. That's the fourth line right now.

Lukas Sedlak isn't very notable, but useful and provides flexibility in where Gagner plays. Lauri Korpikoski...OK, you got me there. Point is there isn't really a "tweener" on their list of potential fourth liners. :confused:

Counterpoint: there's never been a CBJ/WSH series. :iiam:

Jesus take off the homer hat for once. This is like Mike Yeo playing coy about if it'll be Dmitrij Jaskin or Scottie Upshall on the 4th line LW. Neither of them are going to make a huge difference in the series just like Columbus' weakest 4th liner isn't going to make a meaningful difference.

The whole point is that anyone who means anything to the opposition is already known to be in the lineup so Torts making that cute quip is unnecessary coach speak.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Wild tonight remind me of the Blues a couple years ago. DOminate possession but can't score to save their life.

Also, Jori Lehtera better not see the ice next game. That was the worst personal effort I've seen in a long time. Bad defense, absolutely zero stamina, can't win any puck battles, skating like a 50 year old beer leaguer. Put in Sanford.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Do not put this man in the lineup anymore, Mike Yeo!!!

https://streamable.com/1tn8m

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Zach Sanford is playing for Jori Lehtera tonight :)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

How's Sanford been for the Blues? He was kind of lost for the first half of the season with Washington which was to be expected, but got a little more comfortable towards the end. I was sad to see him traded but Shattenkirk has been worth it so far. Maybe this will be one of those rare win-win trades.

My man needs to hit the gym big time in the off-season because he isn't very strong on his skates, but he knows how to get to open areas of the ice and has some really soft hands. I think he tops out as a 2C in the best case scenario, but will be great as a third liner.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lmfao the Wild, who scored their only goal after receiving 90 seconds of a 5 on 3, continue to be punk rear end losers who are getting bounced by a Blues team without Robby Fabbri and Paul Stastny.

EDIT: Also :lol: I thought the Wild were all about speed and skill, something which 4 on 4 plays into.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

iospace posted:

And no Shattenkirk either. Also Jake Allen has found god mode.

Some of us knew

Mike_V posted:

Jake Allen's gonna post a .940 and drag the Blues to the WCF.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Is there a way to watch highlights of a game from a specific feed? I want to see how the Blues feed called some of the goals last night but all the options I have are the NBCSports feed (or watch the Wild one). Even Fox Sports Midwest just has post game interviews on their site.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

bump_fn posted:

can someone find the post where i said hawks would make it to the cup to laugh at me thanks

No need to, I think that was what every Hawks fan said so it can just be assumed

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

if the wild get shut out in game 4 I am renaming myself Jean-Sébastien Giguère

Does a crusade of persecution follow you or

lmao you're right, this is the first time I have ever taken a poo poo on Hawks fans when given the opportunity. Enjoy the sweep my dude.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The Dirty Burger posted:

Dzingel-Turris-Burrows
Stalberg-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Smith-Stone
Macarthur-Pageau-Pyatt

Guy, what are you doing

e: Krejci back tonight, but Bostons D is:

Chara—McAvoy
Morrow—K. Miller
Liles—Cross
Grzelcyk—C. Miller

What in the hell is going on with that Ottawa lineup?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

T-Bone posted:

I think the Blues would have a lot of trouble with Nashville's speed and transition. Ditto for Anaheim. Nashville looks like the best team in the West right now. This is how a lot of people expected them to play in the regular season.

I don't know. This is literally Minnesota's game and they haven't done anything with it really. Most of their shots are from the outside or one and done.

Also, the Blues and Wild don't play game four until tomorrow night.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

People dropping bets on the Blues en masse are loving stupid. The Capitals losing in the first round, though, that is very very good.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Goalies aren't allowed to be taller than 6'0".

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Thufir posted:

Also great: LOL goals from center ice, empty-net own goals, when someone's blade falls off and they can't get off the ice, people getting checked into the other team's bench.

Checked through the glass*

I don't know if that's ever happened at the NHL level, but it happened in older versions of NHL videogames I think.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Wamsutta posted:

https://youtu.be/QvnmM5YueMI

Lucic on Van Ryn glass crusher hit I mentioned before

Thank you.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

People are talking about Paul Stastny coming back tonight, but I'd prefer to hold him out until Game 5 if they lose. If they win, then great, his ankle has another week or so to heal without getting physically abused.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think Pete DeBoer is one of the bigger whiners in the league.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Pierre is good because he's a cartoon who spouts off a bunch of trivia that doesn't matter and that's better than listening to some former player say, essentially, "You gotta work harder and score more goals than the other team"

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

bizarre deformity posted:

Preds lost a game?? I'm in disbelief. I demand a do-over!!

But seriously, apart from Fiddler's deserved misconduct, that officiating was loving garbage. How the hell can the refs give one team five Power Plays and the other team zero??

lmao I love it. The Blues have about 85% of their games where their opponents have more PPs than them and one of the rare times they get the officiating bounce opposing fans can't stop crying.

No penalty on this one btw https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/858128826932629504

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I was looking for the struck by lightning GIF but couldn't find it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Crosby getting concussed while the Pens are on the verge of having a good shot at a repeat is the most Pens thing ever.

Just another victim of the Curse of the Penguins.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The Blues are going to be pretty drat good in a year or two when Vince Dunn and Jake Walman are both with the club and Tage Thompson and Jordan Kyrou are scoring a poo poo ton of goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think this qualifies as playoff news:

https://twitter.com/cultureofdefeat/status/859864119595458561

• Locked thread