Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I think the Leafs lose in 5, would be pleased if it went to 6 and really just don't want them to get embarrassed if nothing else. I'm not very confident they won't but playoffs are weird so who knows. Go Leafs, Sharks, Caps (after they beat the Leafs), Preds and Oilers. Boo Habs just for the hell of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

yellowcar posted:

Paul Romanuk ugggggggggghhhhhh gently caress you SN.

So happy the Toronto series dodged this.

grack posted:

Yet I would 100% prefer to listen to Bob Cole over Romanuk or Randorf

Yea Bob Cole is easier to withstand than Romanuk, easily. They both forget/mistake names and are behind the play by a decent amount but at least Cole's voice isn't grating and I don't think he repeats the same talking points every 10 minutes like Romanuk does.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Furnaceface posted:

Its almost like Rogers is bad at the whole hockey thing.

Their broadcasters/panels are pretty bad but I like that they show all sorts of teams on one or a bunch of their number of different channels on any given night. I guess that's the bare minimum though.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
That seems to be the book on Andersen. He makes some amazing saves and then has a brain fart. There were a many a days I wanted to believe in him but he makes it so hard sometimes. I thought the Leafs had a really solid game, much better than I anticipated. First half of the third and OT wasn't so great though. Caps woke up I guess.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 14, 2017

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

At least they can score a goal lol

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

RC Cola posted:

Truth. Ps if the Ducks win hockey is dead

With Carlyle again, no less.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Wild game with poo poo refs but OTs were fun. Matthews had a rough game in the offensive zone but Gardiner, Rielly and Andersen were great. Bozak even had a really good game. And Kapanen with 2 goals!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

Leafs/Caps was suuuuuper close last night and I felt like the caps were the more dangerous team when they had possession

Yea it's a little concerning how many open looks they had in the slot. I didn't even really realize until they compiled them all into a clip package and they were numerous. Andersen was great. Caps are not playing bad and will probably still win the series. Closer than I initially thought though.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I've said it before but it's worth repeating, Andersen will have games where he's playing amazing and humming along and then he has an insanely weird brain fart and let's in a bizarre-type bad goal and it's really weird. He'd be a great goalie if he could somehow fix that in his game. Clearly a mental lapse thing. Game one he was really solid other than those two big mistakes.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 16, 2017

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Leafs are fun and cool. I like the Leafs.

I wonder what the record is for most OTs in a single playoff series. Or if any went OT for all 7 games or for all the games of whatever many games a series went.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm on this Leaf hype train

Just remember they're mostly rookies and will (probably) not come close to winning the Stanley Cup this year but still, enjoy the games! :)

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Captain Internet posted:

No big deal trading a stud player for character fit, just look at Phillip Kessel. Toronto feels good for him!

Also Boston, Boston feels good for him too.

Kapanen is working out pretty well for the Leafs!

But I do miss me some Kessel.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Also, there were 2 games with 2-goal deficits come back from and 2 games with 3-goal deficits come back from. NO LEAD IS SAFE.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I wanted another OT but sloppy Brown/Carrick giving way to a Soft Goal on Andersen robbed us of that. Thought it was going to be a blow out with the way that game started though, so at least it turned out somewhat interesting for a little while.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Hopefully the Leafs *taps on watch* Start On Time tonight.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Chad Sexington posted:

LAS is going to be a juggernaut of shitposting in a few years too. It was civil through Game 4. Not sure what happened?

I was civil :colbert: Also I found most of the regulars were civil but you had the odd playoff poster or other person just going off the rails. That's what a hit like that does though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I'm fine with anyone other than the Ducks. I think Pens vs Preds would be the best final because they're both entertaining to watch.

• Locked thread