Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

fits posted:

Willing to make bets about the eliteness of your favourite teams goaltender (or other things)? This is the place for you.

Round 1 Prediction Bracket. Bring out your Xs. Submissions open until puck drops on the first game Wednesday

(A1) Montreal Canadiens over (WC1) New York Rangers in six

(A3) Boston Bruins over Ottawa Senators (A2) in seven

(M1) Washington Capitals over (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs in four

(M2) Pittsburgh Penguins over (M3) Columbus Blue Jackets in five

(C1) Chicago Blackhawks over (WC2) Nashville Predators in six

(C2) Minnesota Wild over (C3) St. Louis Blues in five

(P1) Anaheim Ducks over (WC1) Calgary Flames in seven

(P3) San Jose Sharks over (P2) Edmonton Oilers in five

I think that's how I had it but I forgot to look at what I did before posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Lots of people picking bruins over sens, despite the season series being 4-0 sens....

I think the Pens went like 3-1 or something like that against the Bruins then got promptly swept by them in the ECF a few years back so I wouldn't read too much into that stuff

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

Yeah season series doesn't seem to mean a whole lot when playoff hockey seems to play out far different from regular season hockey, and teams can either be backing into the playoffs or riding a ton of momentum compared to when they'd played their opponents in the regular season.

I thought so too but T-Bone's article above has me questioning that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

I think the bigger reason to pick Ottawa is that the Bruins aren't very good. Neither team is particularly impressive past a handful of players and it's probably going to come down to goaltending and health. If Krug can't go that's a huge hit to Boston's chances.

That was one the hardest series to pick for me. Only reason I chose the Bruins is I think they in theory have a more dominant top line and more or less equal goaltending depending on what Rask shows up but eh it could go either way.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

yellowcar posted:

Here's my dumb bracket that may or may not match the one I sent to the google docs.

Washington beating the Pens and then losing to Montreal in the ECF would be so hilariously tragic

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hey I got a playoff series right, would ya look at that

e: lol like my entire bracket is gonna be wrong except for Pittsburgh. I might get some of the wins but none of the games right.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Surprised that many people picked Anaheim to sweep. That's a weird prediction to make.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I only got three series right and of those I only got the games correct on one of them (Pens/Jackets).

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My very bad round 2 predictions:

Pens in 7
Rangers in 7

Preds in 6
Ducks in 5

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 24, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Star posted:

Goddamn I suck at predicting who's going to win. I've always been bad, but not this bad. My only hope is that rangers and Anaheim pull through in the end.

I usually do okay with the Pens but gently caress every other series up. Though I did get Nashville this round and have a chance at getting the Rangers/Sens right.

Apparently I should stop betting against Edmonton though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Got the Pens wins and # of games correct in both rounds so far. I uh hope my gut feelings continue to be right on that front.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Rangers let me down. I didn't see them laying a giant turd in game 6 the way they did.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Preds in 6
Pens in 6

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

fits posted:

sens-preds, just like everyone drew up at the start of the year

I seem to be missing from there but I had Pit in 6 and Nash in 6

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

yellowcar posted:

Hi5 Nashville in 6 peeps.

*raises paw*. If I get Pit right too it's a rare perfect round for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens in 5

• Locked thread