Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Where are the toxxs, I want to see some Oilers or Leafs fans make some silly ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think the Preds have what it takes to knock off the Hawks if Rinne can play at a .920 level.

I like the Blues to take out the Wild, but I'd be more confident if Paul Stastny hadn't broken his foot 3 weeks ago.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Is there a reason for doubling the points each round? I'd understand if we picked every round at the beginning of the playoffs, but what is the added value in correctly guessing the Stanley Cup results when we already know who's in it. Seems like you'd have just as good of a chance of guessing that as you do a random first round series.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Yeah well your boy is sort of killing it in round one and I don't need some prick blowing it the rest of the time only to nail the SCF and taking those prizes.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Would the NHL fine a player for crotch-chopping after a goal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

If you double the points as the match-ups halve, every round is worth the same.

It's 40 every time.

I'm saying that it's a lot easier to get one series right to get 40 points than it is to get 6 or 7 series right to get 35 points or w/e. This post is moot if there was a form that allowed us to pick round 2, the conference finals and stanley cup finals that I missed earlier.

Like, I totally get what you're saying. It's what NCAA brackets essentially are, except those are completed before the whole things starts so it's impressive to get the Final Four/Championships correct as opposed to just picking between Pittsburgh/Edmonton when you already know both of them are in.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 18, 2017

• Locked thread