Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Launch Game?
Dreamcast - Soulcalibur
DS - Super Mario 64 DS
Game Boy - Tetris
Game Boy Advance – Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
GameCube - Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
NES - Super Mario Bros.
Nintendo 64 - Super Mario 64
PlayStation - Ridge Racer
PlayStation 3 - Resistance: Fall of Man
Saturn - Panzer Dragoon
SNES - F-Zero
SNES - SimCity
SNES - Super Mario World
Switch – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
TurboGrafx-16 - Alien Crush
TurboGrafx-16 - R-Type
Vita – Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Wii – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii – Wii Sports
Xbox: Halo: Combat Evolved
Kerbal Space Program
View Results

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Hard decision between Mario World and Super Mario 64. But Super Mario 64 captivated my young mind to the point where I watched that Nintendo64 vhs over and over out of excitement. It was the reason that I wanted a Nintendo 64 even though there wasn't poo poo else on the Nintendo 64 at launch here in the US other than Pilotwings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I do have to give a special shout out to Soul Calibur. Very solid game that actually looked better than the arcade version, with quite a bit of features for a fighting game.

I would spend hours in the training mode just fighting against the CPU.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Harlock posted:

The 32X launched with Doom and The Xbox 1 launched with Tony Hawk 2

Tough choice

Yeah, but the 32X Doom sounds like poo poo, so that makes the choice a bit easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oyweqZ7WM

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

With Jet Force Gemini, there was quite a bit of game already there before that point. It was kind of cool that after you "beat" the game, there were still whole areas of the game that you hadn't seen before that you needed to go back to.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Beelerzebub posted:

You all are forgetting Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II for GCN which launched with this the GameCube ASCII controller.

E: in Japan

I played PSO like crazy on the Dreamcast, which is crazy because it was essentially just 4 levels and you just grinded through those same 4 levels over and over again. Somehow, this was fun to my young mind.

I bought it on Gamecube and it just wasn't the same. The monthly fee limited people who played and the fact that the Gamecube never came out with a official controller meant that the people that did play were limited in their communication.

• Locked thread