Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Zain posted:

I know! Nothing really happens and it's annoying.
Nothing happens in them and the characters involved in them speak a few words at a time before pausing for two seconds and repeating the process. The voice acting is terrible and so is the editing. Improving both of these things would shave at least two minutes off of a ten-minute cutscene.

I'm about midway through the videos posted and there have only been two different types of enemies outside of "Deepground Soldier" and "Deepground Dog." One was the sewer lizard person and the other was a giant bug. This is a Final Fantasy game, which has some of the most recognizable enemies of any RPG. Would it kill them to have Cactaur, or Malboro, or Tonberry as enemies?

The whole game feels completely unnecessary and it feels like it was made with that attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

I think this game succeeded in killing off any positive feelings one might have associated with any of the FF7 characters.
The Advent Children multimedia project in general did. The RA from my freshman year of college once invited us to watch that movie in his room, where we had free pizza and soda (as we were too young to drink booze legally). I saw a few minutes and didn't remember anything, but I do remember hearing that they awkwardly shoehorned in Aerith's corpse at the bottom of the lake as a way of resolving the main conflict. Is that accurate? Because if so, ugh.

• Locked thread