Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I can't find it, but I remember reading a great article about how Advent Children was more about getting the viewer to buy stuff than telling a story. The movie has a scene that evokes Aerith/s/th's death by showing the tie-in mobile phone sinking to the bottom of a pool of water. Vincent is the only core character other than Cloud and Tifa to get more than a glorified cameo and guess who happens to have his own game coming out around the time of the movie's release? It really nailed how, even by tie-in standards, it was all such a cynical cash-grab.

Zain posted:

Oh don't worry it gets better! Trust me it gets better. Wait til you see the overall end of the game.

And it's still better than Advent Children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

SSNeoman posted:

okay now hold on let's not say anything we'll regret

I'm saying it. This game is bad, there's no denying it, but AC was atrocious. I wasn't even that big of a FFVII fan and I felt cheated. Great soundtrack though, I'll freely admit that.

bladeworksmaster posted:

Also, Yuffie is great, and I'll stick to that. :colbert:

Look at this guy, with his correct opinions. Look at him and smile.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Imagine if this had Resonance of Fate's weapon mechanics, and instead of swapping out barrels, it let you build ridiculous Frankenguns with 35 sights and 8 magazines.

God, that game was fun.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Only three barrels? Pfft, loser.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Lucrecia is the worst.

The thing that makes me laugh is that Lucrecia being a terrible person (not quite Hojo 2.0, but not far off it) was a long-held fan theory, despite there not being overmuch in the original game to back it up. Then this game comes along and goes 'yeah, sure, why not'. So for anyone thinking this game seemed a little fanficy at times, well...

• Locked thread