Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh god, I only know this from the TDI LP. Can't wait to see the trainwreck in motion.
Two minutes in, literally the first line in the game and the writing is already glorious: the hound weaves something something a dog sticking its paws into a loom.

e: Steve Blum's finest work, this ain't.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Is the bad guy's name literally "Blue, the blue"? All that's missing is "the hedgehog".

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Also women who refuse to wear pants.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's the thing... You get those gloriously stupid cutscene and edgelord dialogue but the actual gameplay consists of running around grey streets and wharehouses and nondescript hallways. It's like they figured the FF7 title will sell the game on its own and just went :effort:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Slightly less random and not used as the universal plot device for everything. Still pretty loving dumb.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I hate myself for saying this but I'm kinda liking Yuffie here. Anime comedy aside, she could be the perfect foil for Vincent's broody antics; shame them teaming up doesn't seem to go anywhere.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's a party reunion. Only two questions: 1) Where is the talking dog, 2) Why the gently caress does Vincent wear shiny pointy shoes that I somehow failed to notice until now?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Bwahaha. G's identity is one of the few things I *do* remember from the last LP of this game and it's... Well, something.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zain posted:

Honestly I don't even know who it is. But now I'm thinking it's not the person who I thought it was.
Wait, now I'm confused, maybe I'm the one who got it wrong. I thought it was absolutely nothing relevant to the plot but a cameo by some Japanese pop singer?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
One thing I'll say for Advent Children is that the music is great. The rest, uh... not so much; I'm thinking it was an early experiment by Square in milking their franchises; the process has been perfected since.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think this game succeeded in killing off any positive feelings one might have associated with any of the FF7 characters.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, that... sure was a reveal. Maybe says something about the true nature of the Internet. Still, nice of the bad guy to interrupt his doomsday plan just because Vincent politely asks him to wait.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so what the hell is up with G's voice? Did they not redub it or something? Because that accent completely kills off any (however unlikely) chance of taking him seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zain posted:

Did they have a different voice for him before? Never played Crisis Core so I'm not sure.
Neither have I, but my immediate impression was "the only reason to have an accent like this was if the guy wanted to voice himself".

• Locked thread