Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Based Kamiya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

i can't get over his expression in the last panel rofl

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

One Man Trash posted:

i can't get over his expression in the last panel rofl

it's like they sent an artist to do 'bitch please'

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hell yeah

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

how can a mortal man ignore the voice of the gods? powerful

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
after owning it on 360 for ages but never getting more than a few hours in i'm almost done with the pc version. took me a while to get into it but have really enjoyed it. dmc 4 > revengeance > bayonetta for my money but they are all so good.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neurosis posted:

after owning it on 360 for ages but never getting more than a few hours in i'm almost done with the pc version. took me a while to get into it but have really enjoyed it. dmc 4 > revengeance > bayonetta for my money but they are all so good.
I love DMC 3/4 but I find them a little hard to go back to after playing Platinum's games. It's the lack of a dodge I think

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love DMC 3/4 but I find them a little hard to go back to after playing Platinum's games. It's the lack of a dodge I think

both of those games have a dodge. two dodges even.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
how bad is the port? can it run smooth 60? iirc the revengeance pc version was p good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

they do have a dodge larry.......

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

both of those games have a dodge. two dodges even.

i know but it's not as good and i refuse to give up swordmaster style

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i know but it's not as good and i refuse to give up swordmaster style

You can dodge in any style. R1+direction+X

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

they do have a dodge larry.......

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dmc 3 was my favorite game ever but Bayo 1 was a better version of it imo

BAyo 2 was really really good but less surprising than Bayo 1

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

playing them both for the first time right next to eachother i think bayo 2 is flatout better but everyone seems to disagree with me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bayo 2 is a lot easier which is why people don't like it as much I believe. I like Bayo 2 more as well but Ive beaten 5 times to Bayo 1's once so maybe Ill pick up this steam version and try it again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bayo 2 has way better weapon moveset variety. I do miss a few weapons from Bayo 1 but overall I think Bayo 2 stands above 1. The bosses are so much more fun.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
if DMC5 is just DMC4 characters pasted into a better game it'll outclass everything else

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i'm bad at dmc4 dodging, it feels like the timing is really tight and if you mess up and only do a side roll then you don't get many invincibility frames.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

After this incident he added glasses to every single main character in the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BBJoey posted:

i'm bad at dmc4 dodging, it feels like the timing is really tight and if you mess up and only do a side roll then you don't get many invincibility frames.
yeah I think I've just been spoiled by the ease and feel of Platinum dodging especially with its emphasis on cancelling. I don't hold it against DMC it's just a different toolset that I happen not to like as much, it feels stiff to go back to

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

if DMC5 is just DMC4 characters pasted into a better game it'll outclass everything else

naw bayonetta owns

i'm a little disappointed the announcement wasn't bayonetta 3 but i'm glad pc gamers have the first one now, platinum makes the kinda games you want everybody to play including/esp devs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Bayo 2 is a lot easier which is why people don't like it as much I believe. I like Bayo 2 more as well but Ive beaten 5 times to Bayo 1's once so maybe Ill pick up this steam version and try it again.

it's easier but it still has a totally bonkers NG+ difficulty that'll satisfy anyone imo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

extremebuff posted:

playing them both for the first time right next to eachother i think bayo 2 is flatout better but everyone seems to disagree with me

Bayo 2 is the better game mechanically I think. It's just the first time you play Bayo 1 the evolution it is over previous action games is such a ridiculous jump everything impresses you

Like I remember being impressed when DMC3 let you switch weapons in the middle of a combo. Bayonetta 1 went from that to switch weapons on your hands and feet separately, then switch both your hands and feet equipment at the same time, and each weapon has a different moveset combined with other weapons, and different hold button down moves depending on the weapons

Also from a story point of view Bayo 1 was more impressive because it was new I think (like fighting God then punching it into the sun) even though Bayo 2 had some amazing bits like the summons fighting each other

I kinda of want to keep my Wii U plugged in just to play Bayo 2

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I only beat bayo2 once. I should replay it again on new game plus and do the optional stuff

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
play Wonderful 101, everyone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't get into W101...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

w101 was weird. i loved the characters and look and everything, but i had issues w/ it. it was like a bayonetta where if you get hit you have to waste time running around collecting rings like sonic but you absolutely need the rings to be effective, and there were other things that bothered me.

you can be really creative with the combos if you're good but i wasnt invested enough to delve that deep and gave up on it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The first boss was a giant robot, so I gave up.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

w101 kicks rear end

Korthal
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

w101 kicks rear end

I love w101, but it's never getting a sequel.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

It looked like a lego game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

quote:

The PC port of Bayonetta got a really small 22kb update today. People looked into it, and this appeared on the EXTRAS folder

Vanquish release coming earlier than we expected?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

• Locked thread