Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Idk the jp vefsi9n is on syeam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Vanquish PC in two weeks

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Vanquish PC in two weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO1_X7qlAlY

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

fuuuuuck yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460810 15 bucks if you also own bayo1 so i may buy em both

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Epic.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hard mode is kicking my rear end especially the alfheims

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got stuck on the motorcycle stage for a long time on hard mode, not because of the motorcycle part but because it makes you fight 3 gracious/glorious right before the motorcycle part.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

I got stuck on the motorcycle stage for a long time on hard mode, not because of the motorcycle part but because it makes you fight 3 gracious/glorious right before the motorcycle part.

What helps against them is perfect parrying and the item thay decativates witch time and drops bombs when u dodge instead

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

And the kilgore glitch :twisted:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
gently caress yeah Sam Gideon here we goooo

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
unlocked framerate... siiiick

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hard mode is kicking my rear end especially the alfheims
Every other level ended up with a Stone award on Hard for me . but hell, I made it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank god

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fkc yeah

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
One of the few games to do quick time events well

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
if you buy bayonetta and vanquish together, the 25% off applies to both games so its $30 total. so sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HolePisser1982 posted:

if you buy bayonetta and vanquish together, the 25% off applies to both games so its $30 total. so sick

:bernpop: i was holding off for a sale on bayo since i have the day one wii u bundle but this counts

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Every other level ended up with a Stone award on Hard for me . but hell, I made it

i did a full plat on hard on xbox 360 [had the right kind of ram btw] but that was like 50 years ago :sigh:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

might full play normal b4 finishing hard on steam tho cuz i want to unlocked jeanne, love it when jeanne says gently caress off real loud

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think I'm gonna finally move on to 2

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Aw come on, I was going to post that. Guess I'll post this instead...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Korthal posted:

Aw come on, I was going to post that. Guess I'll post this instead...

this gif reminds me of arfjasons famous dark souls screenshot

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
2 weeks til im wastefully smoking cigarettes at 144hz

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wish i was better at comboing with kushanda or whatever the whip is cuz pulling does to u/flying at them/using them for platforms to gain infinite height is badass,

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i wish i was better at comboing with kushanda or whatever the whip is cuz pulling does to u/flying at them/using them for platforms to gain infinite height is badass,

my fave is pulling them into a durga skull bomb with the whip

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am buying both

I hope vanquish controls well with mouse

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
My cousin was obsessed with DMC4 and I kept trying to sell him on MGR. He wasn't sure it'd be as good until I played the prologue and showed him the first boss.

He was freaking out at the leap frogging missiles bit.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love MGR but I feel weird comparing it to other spectacle fighters or whatever dumb name you give them, the combat is so based around parrying and there aren't many other advanced techniques

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Sam's combat has more going on with taunts and charged combos and Bladewolf added some very basic stealth combat. It's ironic considering this is a spinoff from MGS.

Something I want to see if Platinum ever made a sequel to Vanquish was adding a Zandatsu style healing/boost recharge system in the combat with critical shots in enemy weak points.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I spent 45 minutes doing the first 2 verses in highway to hell over and over till i platted them on freaking normal holy poo poo the combo of bad platforming on janky car platforms + the section where u fight the joys on the highway and have like 0 time to dodfe cars is miserable fuuu. Fortunately i bought the race queen outfit beforehand, very nice.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hate that stupid loving level so muxh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

One cool thing about the port is u can quit and reload at checkpoonts almost immediately if u see a bad score, took forever on wii u and 360. Whew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to pure plat the verse against 3 missile ship angels is infuriating

• Locked thread