Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

On my first playthrough I had accidentally spoiled myself on the fact that pogo-ing off of spikes was possible and could lead to important stuff, and I ended up fighting Brooding Mawlek as one of my very first encounters. Definitely led to a weird difficulty curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Serephina posted:

I got to the final boss of the penaltimate pantheon, saw him buzzsaw around the arena, and basically said "gently caress this". Even after watching a youtube breakdown of him, having to go through loving Zote every time just to be able to practice vs the boss was just a complete no-go for me.
you can practice against him in the Hall of Gods after encountering him once

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Serephina posted:

You 100% sure about that? Cuz I went looking for him and felt that I found his statue greyed out.
it's been a while but... uh yeah? idk. that is generally how it works

e: I think separately, since you've beaten pantheon 3, you could make a Godseeker save file that starts you with Godhome stuff already unlocked. It doesn't include the boss after Pure Vessel but it should also allow practicing against him in the hall of gods

e2: oh, by buzzsaw did you mean the boss of pantheon 3? (there's a pantheon 5 so I was confused about penultimate) if so you can't do godseeker yet but yeah encountering him once should definitely still have unlocked him in the HoG

Martman fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 4, 2023

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ah yeah. idk what the issue would be but they absolutely meant for you to be able to practice the bosses after just reaching them once, it would be super hosed up if you couldn't do that for the end of pantheon 5

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Albinator posted:

I picked up that achievement this time, too. He can permanently keep his filthy hands off my girlfriend now.
Zote can easily steal your girl from beyond the grave