Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
The only thing I don't like about this game is that it feels really stingy with the benches at times. I'm sure it's taking that inspiration from Dark Souls, but it seems really unnecessary in this game. The worst so far was the bench before the Mantis Lords that doesn't unlock until after you beat them and no longer need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

I'm in the White Palace and I have to say that this is one of the most grueling and unfun areas I've encountered in a game. And it just goes on forever.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

I've been using the one that gives me the four additional blue pieces of health. I've read that I should be using one that regenerates health, but I'm unsure if I have it.

It's just so frustrating because I keep getting really far, but the spikes just whittle me down over time and I die and have to start over. Also, some of the respawns when you hit the spikes/saws are really frustrating, especially when it doesn't put you back on the last platform you were standing on and you have to do a really tough section perfectly from the very beginning.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Is there a set of charms that makes the (real) final boss manageable?

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Thanks for the tips, I finally beat him. The setup I used was Grubberfly's Elegy since I found it way easier to fight him if I could hit him from the ground in the first phase and not have to get right up on him in the second, the two lifeblood charms so I would have the maximum amount of health to lose before I lost my sword beam, and Quick Slash because I always use it. I had a really good first phase and managed to enter the second with some of my lifeblood, and took him out without losing my beam.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

I have a fairly decent rig, and the only time I can cause framedrops is using the super dash in Infected Crossroads and blowing up a dozen of the orange growths in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

I think it would be a lot more manageable and enjoyable if it didn't go on and on and on. I thought I would be done with the spikes and buzzsaws when I opened up the elevator to the top of the palace, but nope, there's yet another long, hard section of spikes and buzzsaws. It's like someone had all these crazy ideas for hard platforming sections and desperately wanted to cram every single one into the game, regardless of how long and arduous it made that section.