Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bumpeing this so i stop clogging up the switch thread

this game is cool. i think i'm finally near the end (one dreamer, the one in the City, left to go, and I got both halves of the king's soul). i was going to no-guide it but ended up spoiling myself when i looked up the stuff you could get from the dream nail rewards.

highlight so far: dying to Traitor Lord twice on the final hit meaning i despawned right when his death animation began. Cloth has died three times now. a few of the other bosses gave me issues until i kind of cheesed them - both Traitor Lord and the upgraded False Knight got wrecked by abuse of the upgraded dash power, and Hornet II just straight up got facetanked and DPS-raced because i figured there was no way i was going to dodge her poo poo and get damage in at the same time

traitor lord was kind of a pain until i figured out that the bench in that lower area in Greenpath near the Stone Sanctuary is a better respawn area. tons of easy enemies to get Soul off, and it's not as long as it looks because a lot of it can be crystal dashed

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

You can also use the dream nail to teleport to just outside his chamber. Makes the runback a lot less irritating.

true but bench runs to bosses ended up being less of a thing because i tended to grind a bit for soul gauge anyway

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hey I beat the thing after like forty hours

I bounced off the last boss pretty hard but went back after a couple days off and beat it pretty quickly. Like a lot of bosses I had issues with I was mostly panicking and moving too much when I should have been waiting around and dodging attacks until I got the perfect placement to deal a ton of damage with the upwards magic attack and some upward slashes

Really cool game. Idk if I'm gonna do the boss rush stuff, that's never been my favorite part of these games, I love exploration a lot more.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cojawfee posted:

I finally beat the mantis Lords. It's cool that they are my friends now.

It's not like insanely challenging to pull off but nailing both jump/backstabs when they both do the charge attack in a row feels so good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Soul Master was really fun to beat the hell out of once you got his patterns down

The one boss that stonewalled me where I simply couldn't figure out how to deal damage was hornet 2, I finally beat it really cheaply by getting the extended invul frame charm and just facetanking with Quick Slash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i picked this game back up after leaving off in some kinda big rainy bug city. i dont really know what im doing and i triggered a cutscene and im worried i hosed up some storylines of friendly bugs i met before.

i also found my way into the sewer and then went through there to a fungus realm and im very sad that the cute mushroom from the OP is hostile, i got killed trying to go up and talk to it

that cutscene kind of marks the end of the first act. basically you're fine just keep exploring and heading to areas you haven't been yet. the only way to really gently caress up storylines is to speedrun since you'll find them randomly in levels if you're playing with a "let's explore the whole map" mindset

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please game with honour, everyone.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bike tory posted:

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this discussion is unable to proceed until we determine who is mad and who is actually laughing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mazerunner posted:

Kind of funny that there's a bunch of the early bosses that I never really practiced against that are now giving me trouble- the super nail-io bros, xero and... 2x vengefly, but after that there's big chunk of smooth sailing

i'm convinced Brooding Mawlek is my bogey boss. i could probably get to youtuber-levels of good at the game and still suck at Brooding Mawlek

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
traitor lord should be a hard bastard to an extent because he guards half the kingsoul

that said I pretty easily sharp shadowed his rear end, though i did manage to die twice during the final hit meaning I saw cloth die three times

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
technically you can quit and reload :v:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what's incoherent about building two train lines, one which goes like 100 feet to a cemetery, and the other which goes to loving Deepnest for no reason

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Silksong is never coming out.

For some reason there are a lot of Korean HK fanart people so here is hollowswag

https://twitter.com/harvest_cherry/status/1483144374045544448?t=ilNewsw5qwNttyYbQp8n1Q&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I kinda get that it's a weird sort of midpoint where the strategy is still very viable, and just a bit more frustrating when they should have made it non-viable, if that's what you mean

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cactus posted:

They better put some kind of reference to Fireb0rn in Silksong, he's earned it.

Good job you just added three months to the release date

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LemonLimeSoda posted:

On some level, I understand I'm putting her out of her misery and laying her to rest but still feel like a monster
This game has been an absolute blast, it took me about two hours this morning to clear the Watcher Knights battle (easily >30 tries)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBkgE0AmnE

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Watcher Knights are a bit too big to Shadow Dash effectively I think, the "easy" way to do them is to either go full spell build and down-spell-attack the mobs, or equip Stalwart Shell + nail charms, and facetank.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also I beat the game again and Hornet 2 is one of those boss fights I could play over and over and have fun every time.

Though I did kinda facetank her the first time I beat the game lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it probably varies a lot for bosses but one of the things that got me from "really goddamn bad" to decent at bosses was to stop jumping around and dashing around like a maniac. not that dashing isn't important especially with Shadow Cloak, but since it's on a cooldown you don't want to be in a position where you need it and can't use it

that said "dashing a ton" works for traitor lord as long as you stay close to him. unless he does the shockwave or if it's necessary to avoid the spinny blade attack, you shouldn't be jumping though

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 25, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
crowsworn caused some discourse when it came out which ended with the HK guys more or less saying "wow this game looks cool check it out" on their twitter and backing their KS

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
kingdoms edge just has this weird atmosphere especially with the music and i love it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I got brutally owned by the mantis lords first time, then I went back after a few other areas and nothing feels more badass as when they charge at you one after another and you nail both backstabs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
crystal guardian 2 is the closest the game gets to a pure reaction time test and it can be incredibly easy or hard based on that, which is why i hate that boss

or maybe i'm just bad at the game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'll be honest i mostly facetank watcher knights

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be clear I'm talking about enraged guardian and maybe it was just learning his cues but that's one of the only bosses in the game where it felt like I was just running into reaction time issues, specifically because he's not that hard to "learn".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
PV is outright the best boss in the game imo. Sisters of Battle are also fun as hell but the they have the inherent problem where the fight gets easier as it goes on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You should simply beat Soul Master, rather than have to run back.