Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm not sure if I'm relieved by how much I'm enjoying playing this, or disappointed that I waited for Switch and could have played this ages ago and played it again now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm at ~70% completion and am starting to run out of places to look. I lost track of where the "come back later" things were on the map for rooms that are fully drawn. I should've taken better notes with markers, but may just end up pulling up a map for the last few things.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

For :fifteenbux: this is going to be my stocking stuffer to everyone I know with a switch who doesn't already have it.

Also Dream Gate is amazing for tracking down random things and exploring out of the way corners for the last few masks and caterpillars.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So dream gate eats essence out of your dream nail, looks like I have 1796 essence. Whoops! Looks like I have to go do another thing.

e; Can someone give me a hint for this last caterpillar I haven't been able to get?
I guess it is in the hive? I can't seem to find a path down from the kingdom edge, and there doesn't appear to be any hidden walls in the hive. I tried using the ZL charge from the top of the wall and I see a chasm dropping down, but I can't seem to find a way up into that area. Was there a platform there that made getting into that chasm easy that was destroyed by one of the big bouncing fuckers that I didn't see? I left after giving up for a while to do other things and haven't made time to go back, but am assuming a platform got destroyed.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 19, 2018

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

White Palace was fun, though I'm unsure if I'll be able to beat Nightmare King Grimm or Soul Tyrant. Dream bosses do not gently caress around.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dancer posted:

Of course I understand that different things are difficult for different people, but I personally believe the second boss you mentioned is the easiest of the dream bosses. Keep at it! Particularly if you've defeated the others, you should get it eventually.

I only tried him like twice. I've beaten two or three others already.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Think my last two bosses are Radiance and Soul Tyrant? Beating Nightmare King Grimm felt like hitting some kind of transcendental state.

Question on Radiance, I haven't actually beaten the hollow knight before -- should i keep attacking instead of dream nailing or am i doing the intended thing? Or are both acceptable? Can't tell if Radiance is supposed to be an extra boss or just the natural progression of that fight.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Hollow Knight amiibo when

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So It Goes posted:

Now the radiance I will defend. Two damage just “feels” right both for being the true final boss and for being an ancient powerful being/ a forgotten god.

I had a lot of trouble on that boss until I stopped trying to kill them and just focused on Not Dying while getting in a hit anytime I happened to be able to.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

please...i just need a release date.................

The nintendo direct gave a ton of dates, a ton of things down to the quarter - Silk Song was labelled "soon". They're doing indie games on treehouse today, hoping we get more.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Just lost 5K Geo to a jumping puzzle :negative:

Should've kept it in the bank where it would have been safe!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

I just did the boring thing and went for maximum nail power--Fragile Strength, Mark of Pride, Quick Slash.

Pretty much this or go for soul generators + fluke. The trick to the trials is just not taking damage.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

No Wave posted:

If you were smart and let zote die

You monster.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Yeah I'm yawning at the superboss still being locked away even in Godseeker but what the heck ever, I did everything else and I'm fine with never beating pantheons 4 and 5 because I proved I could beat each boss on my own merits.

https://twitter.com/Alxprit/status/1160382945569280001

I wish my brain knew how to pick arbitrary points and define them as "enough", but its broke hard.

Nightmare King Grimm is still one of my favorite bosses in pretty much any game/genre.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I'm still chugging away on besting the Pantheon of Hallownest. First time I got to NKG and died halfway, last time I got to PV (a fight I consider easier than NKG) and died halfway through. Progress! :negative:

NKG is still one of my favorite boss battles of all time. So goddamn good.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

John DiFool posted:

Has there been any news this year? Silksong is already GOTY 2020 in my headcannon.

Don't think there's been a peep since that trailer.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

If you hit one mask just close the game. I'm a coward and that's how I beat steel soul.

I don't understand playing it on Steel while going directly against the spirit of the mode, unless you're just going for an achievement?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

comes out in 2032.

That's only a few months away though so we're fine.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Serephina posted:

Radiance is probably the easiest of those 3, as I beat it her on my first playthrough but couldn't do fool. It's not an unfair fight, with a bunch of bullshit in it (cough cough Zote, Fool), but is just something that takes a lot of practice.

That being said, don't do it if you don't like it. The GodHome pantheons are worth a crack, as the first few are filled with easy bosses. But if you're done with the game, just move on.

I somehow had a harder time with Radiance than NKG, though NKG also clicked for me and is still probably my favorite boss fight ever. Wait, no, Mantises.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I think i spent a good 3.5 hours one night working on NKG, then turned around the next morning and got it like second try.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

How has the Edge article not leaked yet. Gimme.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

this thing

February is so far away

... I thought it was coming on 12/31, didn't realize that that was just the cover reveal and that the issue is months away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Path of pain down. Guess I’ve stalled long enough…

Pantheon is some of the best content in the game. Rather than start new playthroughs, if I feel like I haven't played HK in too long i'll just turn it on and play through a boss rush.