Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Augus posted:

I just beat the Lost Kin, that was a really awesome boss fight. I wasn't entirely sold on this game's combat at first but man does it come together as the movement upgrades roll in.

It seems like I'm getting pretty close to the end of the game now. I can fight the final boss and then still continue exploring on that save file, right?

Yeah, reloading after any final boss fight puts you on the bench right out front with pretty much no changes except for whatever achievements/Hunter's journal entries you unlocked from the fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Do I need some sort of ability to bounce of these purple mushrooms high enough to progress?

Jump and then downward slash while in the air to bounce off of those.

You can also bounce off of enemies and spikes with good timing, which is needed for some platforming puzzles in a few places

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Regardless of difficulty, Crystal Guardian round 2 is my least favorite boss in the game because they took an already uncreative boss (he has literally 2 moves) and just 1) sped him up to eye roll levels and 2) doubled his damage.

Thank god he's optional and relatively fragile

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The charm that extends the invincibility duration after getting hit can be a lifesaver against bosses you're trying to damage race as well--especially the ones that do 2 pips of damage per hit

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also a lot of people get stuck in one of the fungus areas because it's not immediately obvious that you can jump/downslash on purple mushrooms to bounce super high so maybe that's limiting you

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

NoMas posted:

This is probably old but I just discovered it

Make your own vessel

https://picrew.me/image_maker/143336

this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

technically that could mean that the game will be out before e3