Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Holy gently caress this final boss means BUSINESS. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

The King built a wondrous society, but it was an incredibly egotistical one.

But at least he made us pretty. :kiddo:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Sigh... fafanada.

Thank you for enriching my life with your good game holy cannoli

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This whole game had only one artist?! :stonk:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

White Palace was nasty, but it wasn't quite insane. Now the goddamn trial of the Fool, however...

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

George Lazenby posted:

The question of whether White Palace is or feels 'optional' is pretty interesting. Originally it was more detached from everything, but then we decided it would be a bit sad if it only lead to a powerup or something so we started thinking about how an 'alternate' ending could work. The idea is that you could finish the game without ever doing the hardest bits, but you could get a different outcome if you went for it. So in our minds, or from our point of view, we were adding content to the game by putting in a new ending behind White Palace as a reward for people who do it. But from a player's point of view, this feels more like we've taken the 'proper' ending of the game and locked it away behind the white palace, making people feel like they HAVE to do it.

Really, it's your own drat fault for making me get invested in the world and the characters and their situation, and then making the reward for it so drat excellent.

The best rewards for optional hard stuff, for me, are more bosses. And The Radiance is one INCREDIBLE reward

You should have known better than to make everything that follows so drat cool and good. :colbert: Shame on you and your breathtaking sense of craft and artistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Does anything happen if I find all of the mushroom dudes ?

yes