Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
I'm not particularly talented at these games myself, and Soul Master was also the point for me where it felt like the game got a lot less forgiving about trying to hit the boss without putting much effort into dodging their attacks. It's what prompted me to try playing more cautiously and pay more attention. It might help to just learn their attacks and how to dodge them at first, before long you should get a feel when it's safe to whack them with your nail, and when it's time to start dodging again.

bewilderment posted:

double edit: also he's not really 'optional' since if you don't do him ASAP then I guess your only real choice of where to go next is Deepnest which is not the best idea, when Soul Master gives you the Ground Pound which gives you access to Crystal Peak, which leads to a super-important mobility upgrade for accessing more areas.

I think you can also access Crystal Peak by using the toll machine that can only be accessed if you have the lantern, to open a gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

bewilderment posted:

Howling Cliffs doesn't lead to any kind of meaningful progression though. At that point in the game you'll get, what, a King's Idol to sell, Joni's Blessing charm, and maybe there's a grub or two around but otherwise you're back where you started without much to show for it.

And a nail art.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
Last I checked, the 360 D-pad sucks, so I've been using the analog stick without any real problem.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

OzFactor posted:

Zote: I saved him the second time after going through the first tier of the Colosseum; will he be at the end of the second tier, or do I need to fight the first one again?

You'll have to refight the first one, though I think more Zote content makes it worth it.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I really hope they do add in the DLC songs, I love White Defender, Grimm/Nightmare King and Hive Knight.

You can at least get White Defender(and Truth, Beauty and Hatred) legit at Larkin's Bandcamp site.

https://christopherlarkin.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-dreams

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
Back at this game after a long break without finishing, and finally took on the White Palace for the first time.
The White Palace is good.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
If it matters, taking the banishment route locks you out of a boss fight.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

i haven't played this game since beating it after launch/before the first DLC launched. i was at a complete loss as to what to do or how to do it when i booted it up the other day. should i just restart?

It might be more enjoyable to find the DLC "naturally" over the course of exploration in a new game, versus scouring the whole map in your existing game trying to find what's different. I don't think there's any shame in looking things up if you don't want to restart, though.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
The kickstarter backers that donated just to reach the playable hornet stretch goal are going to be pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Meaty Ore posted:

On the subject of maps, is there a way to get Cornifer's map of the Resting Grounds directly from him rather than having to buy it from the shop? I've never seen him in the area, just the note he leaves behind. It seems like there should be some way to encounter him there, but I can't figure one out.

(e:fb)I once saw an answer from one of the devs on that, the player can never meet Cornifer there by design, so newer players that might be disinclined to ever visit the map shop would go there at least once and find out what else it has in stock.