Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I've spent the last week playing this game for the first time and I completely ignored the banker because I can't picture dying to anything not in a dream. The deepest part of Deepnest was a bit of a trial because I hadn't finished a mask yet I guess, but by the time I knew that it was a dicey place it was way too late to start working on my investment portfolio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
if anything I was annoyed I wasted a key on that, you definitely don't need to talk to them

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Bust Rodd posted:

The only thing I have left to do in this game is beat NKG. I have all the unbreakble charms,what were your winning set ups?

I’ve beaten Sekiro and Platinumed Bloodborne, I am quite sure I can do it, but I like to go in prepared. This is on my 104% completion file from last year before COVID.

Unbreakable strength makes it shorter, sharp shadow will give you bigger dodge windows, but really it's just about knowing his moves so you know where to dodge and reacting fast enough to do it. He doesn't have multiple things going off independently that you have to anticipate and work around in advance - he's just fast and hits harder than most.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
PV's secret is mastering the chances you have to use the nail arts and out-damaging them. Don't try to heal, there's no real pattern you can follow that guarantees even a single mask - and you probably won't dodge every hit either, not without dragging the fight out and giving them more opportunities to hit you.

I mean, respect to the people who can beat him on radiant but I'm perfectly happy tapping out at Ascended.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I looked up a few other runthroughs and I think most people playing this game don't bother with nail arts, so i did a quick video to make my case and also thrashed him in 51 seconds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSSAuv-DUHo

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

BBJoey posted:

i mean you also got hit enough that without unbreakable heart you would be dead so i dunno that it's really a sustainable strategy

e: to put my money where my mouth is, here's a vid of me taking 15 seconds longer to beat PV on radiant. learning his tells and the correct responses to dodge them is worth the effort imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8AZFphh96w

My video was about Nail Arts, I wasn't doing a speedrun or saying "don't try to dodge" lmao

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
What specific upgrades do you need to best white palace? Is it even possible to get there without double jump and mantis claw?

I used longnail and mark of pride to cheese a few jumps but I doubt they were necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
the only bad boss in this game is eternal radiance because having to high-speed dodge orange and white projectiles against an orange and white background is some bullshit

collector and nosk have similar problems but they're e z mode so who cares