Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

I disagree with your perspective although its cool and good for people to have different opinions especially about trivial things like video games. I think games shouldn't include a way to make them easier, but rather should challenge the player to try harder making final victory much more rewarding.

I feel like you're making this comment from massively high up on the "can play Hollow Knight" curve. I had a very tough time with some parts of the game; I fought several of the bosses dozens upon dozens of times before progressing, and was pretty close to giving up on the Radiance before Windows ate my save file. I have, I guess, a huge capacity for frustration, probably because that there were a lot of things I really loved about the game. But when I did finally manage to get past, say, the Watcher Knights I didn't feel much sense of reward; just a sense of relief that I could get on to more good bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I never minded the platforming in the White Palace - hiveblood and grubsong and a little patience made it quite doable - but like a lot of people I thought the setting was jarring in a way that was unlike the rest of the game. I don't know too many palaces decorated with a circular saw motif.

As for Path of Pain, I was quite happy to just youtube it. I really disliked downward slash pogoing as a movement mechanic, and it looked like it was 500% that.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

The music throughout is just fantastic. I think the first hornet fight was where I really noticed how apt it was, and it just kept getting better after that.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I think it was if he was off screen he'd always use the same move to get back on, which simplified things a lot.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Posting in this thread because I just, finally, managed to beat Radiance. I am not good at video games, and my previous couple of pIaythroughs I had noped out on the fight - beat HK and decided that was enough for me after a couple of tries at her. However, my kids have played on my account over the years and both had got the achievement for beating her. They've graduated to their own accounts, but I thought I should try to do it so I can say it's there legitimately. It took an awful long time - but I did also add NKG during the playthrough, so I'm satisfied.

Silksong when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I picked up that achievement this time, too. He can permanently keep his filthy hands off my girlfriend now.