Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Dancer posted:

You're free to believe that but don't act like you speak for everyone. I had fun with both the arena and WP, and welcomed both of them as deviation from the main gameplay loop of the game which was getting repetitive. Yes, WP represented a slight breakdown in how immersive the game's atmosphere was. To me that was a sacrifice I gladly made in exchange for fresh gameplay, because I had been playing the game for 25 hours and atmosphere can only carry it so far.

I think they could have just made the saw blades silent and it'd be perfect. Like, once you see one saw you know exactly what they all are and then it's creepy going through this empty palace full of weird ghosts and covered up decorations and silent saw blades.

I bought this game on friday and now I'm 40 hours deep and all I have left is a dream boss(soul master's), finishing 2400 focus (I'm at 1800 now iirc), and the trial of the fool. This game was loving amazing all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Heck, I'm on my second nail upgrade and I don't even know where the Mantis Lords are.

They’re in your heart.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

How do you get through a significant portion of the game without seeing the compass in the shop? I feel like if you missed that then this kind of game, with its melancholic themes and at times methodical pacing just might not be for you, since looking through every item in the shop was a bridge too far.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Bleck posted:

it's not necessarily 1:1 - not all of the bosses scale, and Dung Defender, for example, has 30~% more health than his base health (700 >900) if you have the maxed out nail, but the maxed out nail does 320% more damage than the base nail

yeah it's not really scaling, it's just some bosses get a bit of extra health when you've upgraded your nail, presumably because something breaks if you can kill them faster.