Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Traitor Lord originally did one mask damage and was a pushover, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Isma’s tear is skippable if you have skills with super dash to navigate Monomon’s Archives

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

I’d have used nail arts more if there were a separate control for them. I don’t know if it was my controller or what but it felt like even chance whether nail art would work, come out as a regular attack, or do nothing at all. I really hope that Silksong moves to a separate button for strong/charge attacks if it keeps them.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I was thinking of trying Blasphemous next, had a go when it came out but I bounced off it. what's the verdict on it?

Blasphemous is good but has a pretty punishing start and at release was much buggier and more punishing. Definitely worth a play.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Don’t overthink it, just stack health and bum-rush him. If you’re about to get hit by a beam walk into him instead, since it only does one mask instead of two.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Hiveblood ain’t worth it for white palace, it takes so long. I would pair Grubsong with Deep Focus instead, so you need to heal only after every other mistake.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The original game overshot its release target by a long time iirc. It was something like two years from the Kickstarter to release. And Silksong was technically an unmet stretch goal on that Kickstarter lol

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The only AAA I want in my Hollow Knight is AAA HUNDAAAAAAA

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Huh, I had no idea this game had damage scaling at all.

I would like a charm/Silksong charm equivalent that let me track enemy health

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, you have to remember places you couldn’t get to before. The map pins are useful for this.

The DLC is all free and should all be included in the main game download.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Metroidvanias are sandwiches.

Zelda is a hot dog.

Devil May Cry is a pizza.

What’s a calzone

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

This game has what seems to be intended as a tool for skipping runbacks (dreamgate). Traitor Lord is one of the few bosses where I actually bothered with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

DontMockMySmock posted:

Canonically, Elderbug is one of the youngest bugs you meet in the game, as he says the collapse of Hallownest was before he was born, but pretty much every other named bug in the game is confirmed to have been alive either before the Black Egg was sealed or witnessed the subsequent collapse (with a couple notable exceptions of bugs whose age isn't well-known, e.g. Myla, Zote, Willoh). Even bugs that seem young, like Hornet, are confirmed as older than Elderbug. I don't think he's even the oldest bug living in Dirtmouth, as I'm pretty sure that Sly and the Nailmasters were around in Hallownest's heyday.

He’s old at heart