Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I barely even glanced at Godhome since I had hit 106% on the Switch when it came out, but in my second play through thanks to PS+ I’m hittin’ the Pantheons.

And I hit Pure Vessel for the first time last night. :kstare:

Checking on what I have to do *after* that, I’m not sure I’m gonna be hitting that Platinum after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Each of the first three Pantheons ends with a new and unique boss fight, and then unlocks a fourth Pantheon upon completion of all three. The fourth Pantheon's final boss is the Pure Vessel who is essentially the Hollow Knight if he never got corrupted; he's much faster, has Radiance-esque radial swords, replaces his infection based moves with void tendrils, and can focus like the Knight except his focus causes massive explosions rather than healing him.

I do think fighting the Knight with the full capabilities of the charm set would've been a great idea though.

There's also the fifth and final Pantheon which is every boss in the game, including new gimmicks on some of them, including a basically double-speed Radiance with an extra stage of the battle to finish everything off that's like the second stage but with even less ground/platforms to fight on.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

lih posted:

Team Cherry outright said already that Silksong is not going to be at E3 this year

Why would I trust the words of a development team that has never even released a single Silksong?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

bike tory posted:

You experienced a hollow victory.

sounds good then

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

And yet you recommend a 360 controller for a 2D platformer. Curious!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Less flippantly I do agree that 8Bit-Do's quality control and documentation is not the best and I know more than a few people who have had problems with their products. But I only own an SN30Pro (from when they still looked like actual SNES controllers) and it still works just fine for anything I've thrown it at.

I think Metroid Dread is pretty much the only 2D platformer I've played with an analog stick that didn't make me itch uncontrollably to be using a d-pad instead though. I also don't have any problems with the JoyCon d-buttons, so well aware I'm in a minority on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I played for the first time on Switch so I don't think I ever noticed any performance issues, but when I replayed it later on PS4 I definitely felt improved which may have been familiarity with the game or better performance or both.