Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's so much I like about the NPCs in this game, from the hardworking Stag, to the cheery Jiji, to the way that all the mantises just stop attacking and bow to you when you defeat their lords. Poor Myla though... :(

I cleared out the crystal caves and got the basic lordsoul schpiel and the dreamblade. That may open quite a few opportunities, but for now, there's only the few areas that I've been dreading going to left to explore: The keyhole in the city and the deep nest past the mantises. I explored the Fog Cavern, and was...unimpressed with the spell I got out of it, and found an area up, above Greenpath with no name or map, but I poked around and couldn't find anymore paths in it, so I don't know what's going on with that. For now I'm gonna bash my head against the Mawlek for a while and see if I can get anywhere with that. Can't quite figure out how to avoid his mass spit yet.

Also I met my first mimic, and it seriously freaked me out. Especially since I was just thinking how it wouldn't really be that out of place for grandpa caterpillar to turn into a boss at some point. That room is so drat ominous.

Re: Brooding Mawlek, if you have the Mothwing Cloak you can time an air dash over its head so that it spits away from you. You can then hit it with the nail a couple of times before getting ready to move or dodge out of its way again. If you have the soul to spare Vengeful Spirit helps too. Try to stay out of the corners at the sides of the room so it won’t be able to trap you by jumping on you.

Also, that spell from Fog Canyon seriously trivializes a few bosses. It’s actually really good. Try experimenting with it some more and you’ll see. :) hint: use it on anything that floats over your head.

Sailor Goon fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've been loving this game but I'm worried I may have screwed myself (late-ish game spoilers). I have been playing without a guide for 30ish hours but finally looked this up when I had no idea what to do.

I didn't know you could actually kill the three ancients in the dream realm since they didn't react to getting hit with the nail a couple times. I've already been to all three of their locations and I know I can get back to them easily, but the one in Deepnest was somewhat scripted so I'm wondering if it's possible to get back to the Beast's Lair section.

It’s been a while since I’ve played but I’m pretty sure you can just climb back up to the dreamer using the same path you use to leave normally. You don’t need the scripted event to get up there.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I struggled through all of the super bosses and pantheons but didn’t enjoy any of them. I’ve got literal brain damage that makes memorization a pain so the only way for me to beat them was to mash my face into the wall and get trashed over and over again until they sank in.

Still don’t hold it against the game because the super boss/endgame/DLC content is a fraction of what the game has to offer and most of the game is still fun. I loved most of the bosses up to Hornet 2, and still enjoyed the HK fight itself. Traitor Lord was where my brain problems started causing skill issues and that was the last regular boss I fought anyway. I enjoyed the White Palace too.

A replay would probably go a lot better now that I know what I’m supposed to do though